Another HTC 8s problem?

rogerde

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
My daughters HTC 8s has suddenly got a problem after only 3 months use.
When you turn it on the HTC quietly brilliant screen comes up, but then screen goes black with an image of a battery with a question mark in it.
This then disappears, phone vibrates, and repeats the HTC quietly brilliant screen and battery over and over.
Also happens with charger plugged in. The phone will not charge due to repeating mentioned above.
Could it be as simple as a battery fault?

Any help much appreciated

Last edited:

rogerde

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like a dead battery to me. Isn't it covered by a warranty?

Hi Motor_Mouth thanks for reply.
Warranty? Not sure on that one, need to find purchase info. Was thinking battery myself. Don't mind spending a bit of cash on replacement battery, before i take to a shop, if I new how to get to the battery. On me old Samsung galaxy ace, it's just pull back off and there is battery. Any info on how to get to battery would be great.

Thanks again for reply.

smallyz

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my first 8s as strange as it sounds it occured while playing Agry birds on the handset.I returned the handset to the shop that replaced it without a problem.i installed Angry birds on the replacement handset and after a day and so the problem occured again ( phone stuck in continues bootup) i Managed to solve the problem by performing a hard reset ( Hold the Lock Button down and Volume up key) This booted uo the handrset as normal i then removed Angry Birds and havent had a problem since.

Hi,
When you turn it on the HTC quietly brilliant screen comes up, but then screen goes black with an image of a battery with a question mark in it.
This then disappears, phone vibrates, and repeats the HTC quietly brilliant screen and battery over and over.
Also happens with charger plugged in. The phone will not charge due to repeating mentioned above.

SheikhAtif

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Problem with your memory card. Scan your memory card on PC and then delete LOST dir from it. then insert into HTC 8s and see.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my first 8s as strange as it sounds it occured while playing Agry birds on the handset.I returned the handset to the shop that replaced it without a problem.i installed Angry birds on the replacement handset and after a day and so the problem occured again ( phone stuck in continues bootup) i Managed to solve the problem by performing a hard reset ( Hold the Lock Button down and Volume up key) This booted uo the handrset as normal i then removed Angry Birds and havent had a problem since.

Doesn't really solve the problem imo, only keeps it at your doorstep.

Pece

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem ... kinda the same problem ... my phone wont turn on , it was only showing the htc screen, vibrates and then turn off . He was doing that all the time.Then I removed my sd card and sim card and when I turned him off it was ok. My problem was in some of the apps I have installed , in that time I had only facebook, instance, and storage cleaner, nothing more, and some of the apps were messing with my music, randomly stops and randomly continues , sometimes freeze and I cant do anything. So my point is , try removing sd card and sim card and after u turn him on ( if u turn him on - best of luck ) hard reset him, bring him back to factory settings. That's my way , hope I helped. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99