Anyone else embarrassed by Microsoft's new "Fly on the wall at Cupertino" adverts?

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
never mind the kerfuffle over whether that's an ill Steve Jobs, MS just doesn't know how to advertise. Look at the latest Windows vs iPad ads. Why is Microsoft giving free advertising for Apple?

By showing how over priced and under-featured the iPad is? Yeah, that's some great Apple advertising from Microsoft.

I guess it is what it is... people just love to hate.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess it is what it is... people just love to hate.

I don't get some of the posters we have on this board. They hang about here and claim to use MS products but they will defend Apple and/or Google any chance they get while hardly ever saying anything positive about MS or WP.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
As a side note, any smartphone/tablet can be a toy depending on how you really use it. Doing budgets, bills, word processing, accessing databases, emailing, researching useful information: productive. Facebooking, texting your buddies, games, Netflix and Youtube, chatting up web forums: fun or entertainment (which is what purpose anything called a toy serves.) When defining an entire breed of technology or its users, you might consider the real definition of what is and isn't a "toy" for somebody.

As for the fly on the wall ad, I thought it was kind of funny (humor, not a firm, serious and concrete advertising campaign) but then again, I also like humor a la Stephen Colbert, Conan, and possibly Howard Stern.

maxnicks

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I think all the bashing adds are embarrassing. Show off features and use-cases.
oh, i am so embarrassed I can't use my phone outside. Oh gosh, maybe I'll draw a big apple on the back of my 928 and I can fool people that way. Oh golly. I need to get some therapy. But then again, I'm just another fracking [dipstick].

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
oh, i am so embarrassed I can't use my phone outside. Oh gosh, maybe I'll draw a big apple on the back of my 928 and I can fool people that way. Oh golly. I need to get some therapy. But then again, I'm just another fracking [dipstick].

You said it, not me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124