Anyone else here feeling like a beta tester? Lol!

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
My 2nd 900 seem to be much worse than my first :

1) Data connection lost on day 4 (fixed with the update)
2) Dead or stuck pixel on screen
3) Buttons acting up or "sticking" and doing a long press
4) Can't send and receive text messages (update did not fix this)
5) Slight but very noticeable hissing sound when streaming audio

I still love you Nokia.

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Honestly no phone is perfect. I went through 3 HTC HD7's when it was first launched till I got one that didn't have any issues with it. The OS is that good that I was willing to stick it out till I got the hardware to compliment the OS. So far with the Lumia I'm still on the 1st one but even if I had to return it to get another one it's no big deal.

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly no phone is perfect. I went through 3 HTC HD7's when it was first launched till I got one that didn't have any issues with it. The OS is that good that I was willing to stick it out till I got the hardware to compliment the OS. So far with the Lumia I'm still on the 1st one but even if I had to return it to get another one it's no big deal.

I'm hoping 3rd time will be the charm for me. My local store received a new shipment today (they ran out of stock last week) so I'm hoping this new batch won't have any bad phone. My cousin's and brother's 900 are working flawlessly so I just have to keep trying till I get a good one.

davep1982

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
1.) Happened to me within minutes of activating.

2.) Haven't had that problem.

3.) While rare, when it happens its annoying.

4.) I can.

5.) That's the sound of the speaker blowing your mind away. You'll get used to it.

To answer the question: Nope.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually pretty lucky I guess, but then again, the pains of being early adopters. It's not just mobile devices. TV's, cars, other gadgets, you name it. Can happen anywhere. It's the risk you take.

Luckily....I'm good. Nothing going on here but the rent (or the monthly service charge in this case.)

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, disappointing. We've had data issues and a lot of trouble using the phone for an echo problem. You can't really back up the phone (unreal with how important phones are to us these days). It is a fledgling OS on a new piece of hardware. I don't think the betaphone marketing was a good idea when you have so many bugs to work out yourself.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the word is "early adopter" not beta tester. :)

I still love you Nokia.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually pretty lucky I guess, but then again, the pains of being early adopters. It's not just mobile devices. TV's, cars, other gadgets, you name it. Can happen anywhere. It's the risk you take.

Luckily....I'm good. Nothing going on here but the rent (or the monthly service charge in this case.)

definitely with cars just go to the 2011 charger forums my R/T had all kinds of electrical issues we have had recalls on the door handles but still to good to let go lol... early adopters are beta testers.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The best thing one can do, if you feel is weird. Is to restore your Device. I restored my iPhone even after doing a fresh upgrade from a Windows machine to a Mac Machine. When I restored with Windows it felt very glitchy. When I restored with a Mac, it felt very smooth.

Just restore it, or get a new device, like The Ring, "7 DAY'S", but with this one. 30 DAY'S!

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone just had a frozen pixel appear a few days ago. We are still within the 30 days at this point. I tried some 'get your stuck pixel unstuck app in the marketplace, but it didn't work (unsurprisingly). What is Nokia's dead pixel policy? The last time I had this problem was maybe 6 years ago and each manufacturer allowed a certain number of them before they would accept it as a return. Do you think I would get stuck with a return fee?

Jonathan

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I updated and still can get any data connection. Everything else works fine, but I can't get data. I want to believe it's that I never switched to an LTE plan and just activated the micro-SIM? I don't want to exchange it.

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Years ago when iPhone launched seems like I got a new one every two weeks because they were just junk. Finally got one that did MOST things good and kept it for a while.

Very happy with my phone so far.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

I still love you Nokia.

1) Fixed so quickly and the hundred dollar credit make me overlook this one.
2) Manufacturing problems happen. That's unavoidable - just return the phone for a new one
3) That does seem to be a legit bug - I hope it's fixed soon!
4) This is probably a carrier issue. I would have them look into it
5) I don't have this at all - weird...

Probably best to swap out your phone for a new one and have the carrier check your texting plan.

Except for lag issues my 900 is perfect. :) I am sure Nokia will make everything right for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786