Anyone have issues with their 640, installing core app updates?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
By core app updates I mean the ones like glance, motion, etc. All of the extra stuff that comes with a Lumia but not the Lumia named apps...

Anyway, I'm running 10166 on my 640 and even after a hard reset, ALL of them, literally ALL of them fail to install. The store app sees the updates, but they all just fail. Any other updates install just fine though. I've done a hard reset like 3 times now, same thing each time :/

I even went so far as to flash it back to 8.1.2 and they all updated just fine, went back up to 10, hard reset, same bloody thing. Grrr...

Anyone else with a 640 having this issue? I have a non-carrier branded dual sim RM-1113 for what it matters...

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
UPDATE: Problem was the store required a sign in to update the apps. Now it works.

An even MUCH bigger problem and an absolute show stopper bug tho in 10166!!!!!

Even though MS specifically says the 640 dual sim is indeed support, this is totally false. Yes it shows 2 sim settings in the CP, and even 2 dialers, but there is only 1 messaging link that will crash every single time you open it. I tried multiple hard resets, etc.

Without texting I couldn't even verify my MS account to download apps!!!!!!

Back to 8.1 on this one :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad