Anyway to wipe contacts completely or delete multiple contacts?

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
i was doing the nokia contact transfer and it stopped 3 times. so it duplicated each contact 3 times. even with the filtering on its like 360 contacts times 3. it really sucks i need to delete that many contacts manually. is there any way of doing this without needing to do a full reset? because i just finished installing all my apps and adjusting settings, so that would suck. -_-

please help.

p.s. i blame google sync issue for this. if it wasnt for that problem i would of never used nokia contact transfer. -_-

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just go to your hotmail account on a PC select contacts at the top you will see manage in the dropdown chose cleanup.

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have no contacts there at all. The problem is like with the gmail syncing issue. My Windows Live account is having issues syncing so all my duplicate contacts are on the phone and not attached to the Live account. My phone just says under Windows Live account Not up to date. And when I hit sync all I get is that same message.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I sync contacts (not sure if the problem is with Windows Live or Google) I get a crapload of "<unnamed>" contacts show up on my phone. Literally tens and tens. Maybe a hundred. It happened on my Lumia 800 as well, so the problem must be with the OS.

It would be way too tedious to delete each one individually. I wish there was a way to delete them all at once, a checkbox system or something.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Since you both use Google, the problem is probably there. I don't use Google for contacts, so I don't know how you manage those.

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
So no solution to locally delete all existing contacts on Windows Phone Lumia amber (920)? Seriously? I don't have any mail service involved in this, I just want to delete all contacts on the devices. That's all. And I don't want to do it manually for 450+ contacts.

schiri

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Kinda of a joke that the Misty Softy programmers never thought that users would want to do this task on their phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05