Anywhere I can find a Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938)?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Recently noticed B&H changed the expected ship date from Dec 8th to the 15th and now back to the 10th :straight:

Hang Tough. B&H has a good reputation. I'm sure they are trying to fill demand.

I'm so glad I bought my Big Yellow Beast when I did (August). Prices started going up slightly just after, and then the waiting started. I know everyone wants to be like me, but DANG!!!

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Still no new flagship phone and Microsoft cant even keep the year old model in the sales channel. This is getting ridiculous.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft cant even keep the year old model in the sales channel. This is getting ridiculous.
Do you know there is a shortage of RM-938s in the countries its made for? Or is this just a shortage of black/grey market 938s being imported to the US?

Of course it is MS' fault they didn't get any US carriers to carry these and were too spineless to sell them there themselves (or so ineffectual they signed carrier contracts preventing that).

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Still no new flagship phone and Microsoft cant even keep the year old model in the sales channel. This is getting ridiculous.
That's not actually true, as RM-938 that B&H sells isn't supposed to be sold in the United States since its a south American model. Its highly likely that B&H isn't even buying directly from Microsoft, as they couldn't guarantee that the one I ordered would ever come in as the backorder continued to get pushed out. If you want a 1520, you could always go to Microsoft store.com and buy one and get it unlocked (if your eligible)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you know there is a shortage of RM-938s in the countries its made for? Or is this just a shortage of black/grey market 938s being imported to the US?

Of course it is MS' fault they didn't get any US carriers to carry these and were too spineless to sell them there themselves (or so ineffectual they signed carrier contracts preventing that).
To be fair, that would have been Nokia's fault bback then, not Microsoft's. They couldn't get involved with ANY business or contract decisions because of anti-trust review once the deal was announced, and its likely the deal was signed months before that even happened. If this is still a problem a year from now, the criticism is warranted, but right now its not really fair

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
unlocking the device is a simple thing to do as long as you are an ATT customer, but the reason I went with the 1520.3 (rm-938) is 3 fold
1. I don't want to wait until ATT blesses my unlocking
2. 16 extra gb of onboard storage (I prefer apps onboard and music and pictures to SD)
3. QI wireless charging / I have multiple wireless chargers one of which is built into my night stand

these are my reasons and if truth be told I could add a 4th stating that ATT charges $100 more than I feel their SKU is worth

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
unlocking the device is a simple thing to do as long as you are an ATT customer, but the reason I went with the 1520.3 (rm-938) is 3 fold
1. I don't want to wait until ATT blesses my unlocking
2. 16 extra gb of onboard storage (I prefer apps onboard and music and pictures to SD)
3. QI wireless charging / I have multiple wireless chargers one of which is built into my night stand

these are my reasons and if truth be told I could add a 4th stating that ATT charges $100 more than I feel their SKU is worth
All true, ended up with ab AT&T version because the 938 didnt feel like it would ever ship.

I havent been an AT&T customer in 2+ years, but used my (now Verizon) number when I requested the unlock and it worked (twice actually), even though the 1520 wasn't out when I left. You just have to have been a customer at some point

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is not allowed, but I have <***redacted***> for sale!

Review the Guidelines: Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

And then post your device for sale in our Marketplace: The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums

You've hit 10 posts so you'll be able to upload the required pics now. However, you need 50 local posts and 30 days in to use Marketplace... OR... You need to have 100 Global posts across Mobile Nations sites and 3 months being a member. I see you also belong to webOS Nation, Android Central and iMore, but have only hit 19 posts... Maybe post a bit more and come back to list your device?

Otherwise, selling devices via topic threads is against the forum rules...

Many have success selling on Swappa. It's cheaper for the seller than eBay and more trusted by buyers.

​Good Luck and don't be a stranger!!!

Samson Adegbesan

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Please do not buy at tronic store they are frauds. I bought one two weeks ago but fortunately for me I paid with Paypal and that was how i got my money back. It is a bogus website that needs to be shut down.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Samson... What happened with the device? Was it defective? Obviously used? A different variant? A Demo model? What?

More details will help users here make a better informed decision.

And welcome to Windows Central BTW!!!

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought one in B&H the day before Thanksgiving... I think I got one of the last ones. My guess is that the supply simply dried up.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a white one from B&H on 11/22/2014 and am still waiting. Expected availability is back to the 15th :unhappy:

Samson Adegbesan

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't even try tronic, it is a fraudulent website. They will take your money and you will never get it back especially if you use your credit card. I fell for their trick when i purchased from them but fortunately I used paypal and paypal got my money back from me after 2 weeks. Try to call the phone number they provided, it is an individual phone number and the person will not pick it up.

The website is a phony website set up by scammers. They decieves you by displaying cheaper price on their website. Once you fall for it and buy product, your money is gone for ever. I purchased the Nokia lumia 1520 from them unknowingly to me they are frauds. I did not receive any email or tracking #s from them for three days. Four days later, I received an email from one of their so called employee encouraging me to join them to dupe people and making millions by setting up account with paypal. Immediately I forwarded the email to paypal and they started their investigation. one week later my money was refunded back to me by paypal. Paypal then thanked me for what I did by exposing them immediately. Please tell whosoever you know don't fall for their trick. They are scammers.

Last edited by a moderator:

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't even try tronic, it is a fraudulent website. They will take your money and you will never get it back especially if you use your credit card. I fell for their trick when i purchased from them but fortunately I used paypal and paypal got my money back from me after 2 weeks. Try to call the phone number they provided, it is an individual phone number and the person will not pick it up.

The website is a phony website set up by scammers. They decieves you by displaying cheaper price on their website. Once you fall for it and buy product, your money is gone for ever. I purchased the Nokia lumia 1520 from them unknowingly to me they are frauds. I did not receive any email or tracking #s from them for three days. Four days later, I received an email from one of their so called employee encouraging me to join them to dupe people and making millions by setting up account with paypal. Immediately I forwarded the email to paypal and they started their investigation. one week later my money was refunded back to me by paypal. Paypal then thanked me for what I did by exposing them immediately. Please tell whosoever you know don't fall for their trick. They are scammers.

I sent an email with some questions, never got a reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99