ARMED! The best wp7 game I've ever played

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
svtfmook, we're aware of this issue and will be fixing it with an update a couple of days from now.

For now, we've found a temporary workaround that has allowed many users to play the game. Do me a favor and give this a try:

In your phone's "Settings" menu:
  • Under the "System" tab Select "Region & Language"
  • For "Region format" select "English (United States)".
  • For "System Locale" Select "English (United States)"
  • For "Browser & Search Language" select "English (United States)"
  • At the top of the screen select "Tap here to accept changes and restart your phone."
  • Wait for your phone to reboot, and start a new game in "ARMED!"

If these steps do not work, please visit armedgame.com/support and give us some information so we can fix it.

@gekkoace: Glad to see it's resolved. Make sure to rate it and let us know what you think!

@buckeyeballer09: Thanks! We're glad that you're enjoying the game. We've got plenty in store for the game so keep an eye out : )
i had already have those settings. i uninstalled and reinstalled it, will try again today when i get time.

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
well sure, but when you have someone that plays like that, you need atleast all the mining areas on your half. with 1000(pts?) you cant really build much in the way of defense when the enemy is basically building the 100(pt) tank and choosing a spawn location for it, on your side. Basically build and die. I can build laser turrets, but honestly, turrets are almost useless without the repair station, and that sets you back like 575 right there. Thats a lot of point early in the match to use up and only cover one little area.

I really enjoy the game, but I find it too easy to just spawn and conquer at the beginning. Just my opinion.

@Blacklac - I hope you're ready to be taken to class : )

Warning: Incoming Wall of Text.

I want to start out by saying that we do want to make some balance changes, mostly to the strength and utility of defensive structures. Give us some time to make some tweaks and figure out what works best for ARMED!

Strategy games can sometimes have this problem. It's often times who can get to which point, and defend it first. There are a lot of things you can do though.

First off, are you playing the trial version? Different maps require different strategies and tactics to be successful. For example, Deserted and Vilecano slightly favor air-combat.

Generally, you do want to try and capture the Power Stations on your side of the map quickly. This will provide you with resources to expand and fortify your units. Drones are cheap and move quickly, making them perfect for early game PS captures. It's not uncommon to build drones for the first couple of turns just for quick captures (Even if you can't defend the area just yet).

Also, it may not seem like it but upgrades on your defensive structures really do make a difference. In my opinion, the Laser Turret is one of the most powerful units once upgraded. You should at least try and get the Damage/FireRange and Shield upgrades. Shields regenerate fairly quickly when not under fire, and the damage upgrade required to get it will destroy most units that threaten it before THEY can get in range. Check this video out (Why You Should Upgrade Your Structures - YouTube) The first is 3 tanks VS an un-upgraded turret. The second is the turret with Damage, Shield, and defense upgrades. Quite a difference in outcome. I know this is kind of a rare case (You wouldn't have one Laser Turret guarding a power station alone, nor would you have 4 upgrades done on turn one), but I wanted to show the significance of upgrades, especially in mid-late game. Experiment with what works best for you!

Don't forget about your special attacks and Headquarters upgrades. For a fairly cheap price, you can add shields to all if your tanks (Another one of my favorite upgrades). For a bit more pocket change, you can deploy an Orbital Strike, which disables shields, does massive, unavoidable damage to all units in a large area, slows down their attack/movement speeds, and even disables some of them.

Power stations generate different amount of resources as they're held. You'll get 50 resources per power station per turn. The longer you hold a power station, the more resources per turn it'll generate (Up to 125!). This means that if you can attack and capture an opponents station (Even if it's only for a single turn), you will have cost them up to 75 resources per turn, crippling their income. You can tell which Power Stations are generating more resources by how fast they're spinning.

If you'd like, you can give me your Scoreloop name and I'll have one of us challenge you to show you some of the things I'm talking about : )

Lastly, we do love feedback. If there's something in particular you'd like to see changed in the game, drop us a line at armedgame.com/support. We do consider all input seriously, this is YOUR game as much as it's ours!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Awesome game! Wish there was some type of "campaign" for Single player mode. Or at least able to play different maps against cpu.

RayBatts

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Awesome game! Wish there was some type of "campaign" for Single player mode. Or at least able to play different maps against cpu.

There are 5 different maps available for single and multiplayer game modes. Select "new game" then swipe left or right to select the different levels.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the devs need to take out the timer on ranked matches. I'm always reluctant to play knowing I have to set aside 20 minutes of my time t focus on the game. And when I do decide to play, I often don't find a match. I know I could just play with friends but not many people have a Windows Phone!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i never had problem finding games online. LOVE this game

still wish we had a CAMPAIGN .... single player 5 maps is not a campaign its what you call a Skirmish ....

i admit im not a big fan of the online play... i dont like being concentrated in my phone for 20min strait . cause i would lose.

but over all great game. the online is also great if your willing to put time in it

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty impressive for something done by a small indy studio. I can understand why there isn't a campaign. That probably would have added another few months to development time.

But imagine if a whole campaign actually came as a future update. That would be epic.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a single ranked match online. If anybody wants to play, add my scoreloop name: btbam91

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So I finally gave it a try. It looks great. I love the music too.

Though I get stuck in the tutorial where you upgrade the shield to the factory. The button to continue is greyed out.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's a good game I'll never Know

If it's a good game I'll never know. I switched from my iphone/blackberry for one thing "achievements". Metro is cool and all but I love xbox live. I don't care how good a game is if it's not a xbox live title I'm not spending one dime on it or one minute playing it. Hey I know a lot of people play non live titles. We all have a choice. I just hope if the game is this good the devs will apply for live status like a few other indies did. Then I'd be playing it for sure.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
If it's a good game I'll never know. I switched from my iphone/blackberry for one thing "achievements". Metro is cool and all but I love xbox live. I don't care how good a game is if it's not a xbox live title I'm not spending one dime on it or one minute playing it. Hey I know a lot of people play non live titles. We all have a choice. I just hope if the game is this good the devs will apply for live status like a few other indies did. Then I'd be playing it for sure.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about achievements that make you value them over actual gameplay.

just always wondered why everybody cared so much about them because they just seam so pointless to me.

Last edited:

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a thrill hearing that sound a achievement makes when you unlock it.... It's a whole new element to the game, not only do you play but you get rewarded for meeting the guidelines of the achievement. I know achievements don't mean a lot to everybody but that's a big one to gamers. All the top paid apps on WP7 are Xbox live titles.
I guess you could also refer to them as crack.....
Once you start your addicted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb