Ask the Windows Central team your New Xbox One Experience questions!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Do other Xbox One accessories work? Specifically the Media Remote (controlling other devices like volume on TV/Amplifier), facial sign-in and voice commands for Kinect.

Also does button mapping work now? Does the controller need to be updated for it to work? Do I need a version 1 controller (no 3.5mm) or version 2 (with 3.5mm) for button mapping?

Is Cortana in this build the same as the desktop and mobile region-wise? Like, is it only available in nitpicked locations? Is it possible for you to try changing your country to NZ with US language and see if that makes any difference?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I like to use Kinect gestures to control the dashboard and my apps on the console, the new update doesn't support gestures or Cortana (Cortana next year). My question is can I refuse to install this update since I don't think it adds anything of value and removed features that I like such as gestures and the achievement leader board?
Kinect voice commands still work fine.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Do other Xbox One accessories work? Specifically the Media Remote (controlling other devices like volume on TV/Amplifier), facial sign-in and voice commands for Kinect. Also does button mapping work now? Does the controller need to be updated for it to work? Do I need a version 1 controller (no 3.5mm) or version 2 (with 3.5mm) for button mapping?

Voice commands work fine. Kinect still controls everything as it did before. Motion controls seem to no longer work, but I prefer talking to my TV anyway.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely have no use for gaming on the Xbox One. It requires a controller instead of keyboard and mouse, and my PC is MUCH more impressive a gaming machine in every way. We bought the Xbox One as a media control center. As such, we use the voice and gesture controls the Kinect affords extensively. Is it true that Microsoft is doing away with gesture controls?

JudaZuk

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Have they fixed Skype?

In the new Dashboard when i still had it Skype did not work unless it was snapped.. when ever I had an active call on Skype while gaming, and unsnapped Skype, the call go cut .. or actually the call was still active but the person I talked to could no longer hear me, and I could not her them, the call was still active though. . but if I snapped Skype again it never gave back sound .. so had to end the call.

As long as skype was snapped it worked, but who wants that..

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My only real question is it way faster then the current crappy standard dash on the Xbone? The xbone is sooooo slow to open up and stat and party or invite firends to games, slow to switch between apps/games, slow to load games. The Xbox 360 is faster which is absolutely dumb. Or is this just a design change which is necessary and messes up destiny for no reason? The fact that destiny messes up with it just makes me not want to play it because that comes across to me the consumer as "this doesn't work properly and you should still not use it". Sorry just frustrated here.

It's a billion times faster when it comes to generally usability, more user shortcuts for inviting people etc, single button press on the guide to invite someone

anon(8499780)

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Have they brought background updating for games as part of the refresh? Hate it when I launch a game and there is an update for an element that I don't even want to use.

korben78

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Is part of the plan to enable universal apps on the xbox? If not initially, then eventually? For example, I would love the ability to have my Hue lights controlled via the xbox, and Powershell script access would be cool too!

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I never used the gesture controls. I find voice controls and controller navigation is faster. I know that doesn't matter for those using gestures, but as a small minority of users it is very low priority (if at all) for the Xbox team. I wouldn't expect it soon. You can always start a UserVoice item if one already does not exist.

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Im about to buy one for my kids, but im wondering if it will be possible to stream tv and music from websites? I dont mean from apps, but just a standard website, maby of our local tv channels offer streaming directly so that would be a HUGE plus in my book if its useable as a mediacenter with my needs.

It will if the website uses HTML5. For those using Flash it will not work.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I get this problem sometimes with my Elgato HD game capture recorder, I think it gets confused if there's multiple devices involved with the pass through? not sure.

Just received the HD60 Pro that goes directly in the computer. I will test it out to see if issues arise. I currenyly have a monitor that has an HDMI out, specifically for recording gameplay so it doesn't have to pass through the system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124