AU - connect to second screen crash - 950

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I'm on AU with L950.

When I click on Connect from action center the phone tries to go to the page and crashes back to start. I don't know when this started but I know it worked till some weeks ago.

Anyone experiencing this? Any solution aside from hardresetting?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have experienced two crashes right after connecting to a screen via Miracast with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
Both times, I had to force restart my phone and then it worked fine, dunno what went wrong :/ however.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I was using the display adapter too.

No restart will fix it.

A friend of mine with another 950 has the same problem so it's not something that's related to my phone...

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you used the wireless display adapter app? Maybe you need to update the adapter's firmware.

You can't update it if you can't connect to it so that's not the problem :)

I (we) can't even reach the Connect page since it crashes. Three people I know with AU and all of them with the same problem can't be a random thing they have to fix it...

reported in the feedback hub, they'll fix it before 2020 I guess...

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Although, if your phone is crashing before even trying to connect... That's really weird :/
Do you think it could be related to a language bug?
That problem doesn't happy to me, but when I connect, my phone's name in the "connecting to" screen in the display adapter doesn't display correctly. Maybe you use another language in the name that causes an even worse bug.

Not sure though, just throwing ideas around.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Although, if your phone is crashing before even trying to connect... That's really weird :/
Do you think it could be related to a language bug?
That problem doesn't happy to me, but when I connect, my phone's name in the "connecting to" screen in the display adapter doesn't display correctly. Maybe you use another language in the name that causes an even worse bug.

Not sure though, just throwing ideas around.

Will try changing phone language, we are all italians so and all the three lumia 950 have the app crashing as soon as we tap on Connect from quick actions so it can't be a coincidence....

EDIT: nope even with en-us same crash.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the newest firmware? Or maybe it could be related to your specific firmware if it is a carrier branded phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion