Band and MyFitnessPal. Is it working for you?

DiabloBlanco

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Take the above poll please. Sometimes a thread filled with "me too" or "doesn't work for me" doesn't capture the simplicity of the poll.

So far I've had my Band on 5 different phones, L920, L1520, iPhone6+, L830, and iPhone5s. At some point, about 4-7(?) weeks ago it stopped syncing workouts to MyFitnessPal. Under exercise it still shows "Microsoft Health calorie adjustment" like it always did, but it's always at zero, even if I've done a workout that day. No workout. No calorie adjustment. Nada. The workout registers on my Microsoft Band app with duration, calories, heart rate, etc. Microsoft Band app says it's connected with MyFitnessPal. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect, but nothing works, regardless of method of uploading the Band's data. Meh.

Last edited:

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've heard of similar problems over on the Fitbit forums regarding MFP, so apparently it isn't limited to the Band. I believe someone over there mentioned they had friends who had troubles syncing data from other brands of tracker (jawbone maybe?) as well. So it seems MFP cross platform performance isn't working terribly well for anyone at this point.

Edit: Sorry, didn't respond to the poll because I haven't tried using MFP after hearing of all the problems.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I do get an adjustment for exercise, but calling the sync "working" would be too strong. For some reason, MFP insists on going through some inexplicable mathematical gymnastics rather than just use the calorie burn from my band. The end result is that, if I exercise on a given day, I only get the adjustment from the exercise and not from my other normal activity from the day. If I don't exercise, I do get an adjustment from my normal activity but it isn't the adjustment that my band calculated.
Offsetting my calories is the number one reason I have a fitness tracker and I'm getting fed up with this half-broken solution. If Microsoft hasn't come up with a working solution by early March, I'm going to give the Surge a try. At least Fitbit has a working website to view my data.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft hasn't come up with a working solution by early March, I'm going to give the Surge a try. At least Fitbit has a working website to view my data.

Well, file this under "be careful what you wish for." Just a few hours after I posted my little rant, MS released a very nice website to view all my data . . . and broke my ability to sync with MFP. :grincry:

Jeremy Caron

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So i have a odd issue with MFP and Lose it..

it tracks my steps from band but not exercise. ..

seems to be a Band issue as its happening on diff sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes