Battery LIfe and the Lumia 925

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Soooooo, I just got the 925 and believe me its much sexier in your hand than in the giant metal holder like the difference is huge. But that's not the point of this thread. I wanna know how the battery life for you guys is. I have an app called battery and it can monitor the battery discharge rate. and I've barely been using it at work except for texting ppl and its discharge rate is like 10% per hour. meaning at full I get like 10 hours if I don't use it that much. I do have glance set to always on and double tap to wake, but I have the super sensitive touch off (so its on normal) and sunlight readability off. Does having glance always on and double tap really drain a lot of battery or is this just how much battery life I can expect. (I'll leave it on these settings to see what normal use gives me on discharge rate then completely turn of glance tomorrow then the next day double tap to see if what the discharge rate is). But incase some of you have already tried this, what are your results?

Side not is there an app that can let you monitor which apps are using how much cpu cuz that would be awesome!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think people have been saying that Glance can drain the battery faster.

For the record, I don't have the 925, although I came damn close to getting one at a T-Mobile store in my neighborhood yesterday!!! Going to try my best to stick it out with my unlocked Rogers 920 for now. :angel:

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site

For the record, I don't have the 925, although I came damn close to getting one at a T-Mobile store in my neighborhood yesterday!!! Going to try my best to stick it out with my unlocked Rogers 920 for now. :angel:

Sell your 920 and give in to the temptation..:).. I am sure there is not going to be a sexy phone like 925.. yet.. or may be you should get it unlocked..

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I was just hoping to find out if my battery life is normal or if its the apps killing it!

Sydney Cooper

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for a little over a week. I was getting about 8 hours of moderate use but the last two days my battery has been noticeably better and i can easily make it through the day with battery to spare. I do use double tap but only use glance overnight while charging. How long have you had your phone? At first my battery app was at 10 or 11 percent per hour but it did settle down. Make sure you don't have a lot of things running in the background unless you need them.

tollonodre

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on day three - the first day was barely 8 hours. Yesterday was about 10. Today I'm going on 11 hours and the battery app is telling me I still have 44% left! Although that's probably not entirely accurate, it's still more than I expected. I use WiFi at work (I have no cell signal) and use Glance all day. The biggest difference? Turning off the ESPN app, that thing was a HOG.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for a little over a week. I was getting about 8 hours of moderate use but the last two days my battery has been noticeably better and i can easily make it through the day with battery to spare. I do use double tap but only use glance overnight while charging. How long have you had your phone? At first my battery app was at 10 or 11 percent per hour but it did settle down. Make sure you don't have a lot of things running in the background unless you need them.

I've had mine for llike slightly 52 hours so slightly over two days. And yea usually the battery gets better after the first week or so

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Discharge rate today.........20.68 percent...............WTF and like its connectivity has been all over the place today like. I had LTE and 4G at work then after 2p I got 2G and eventually it just showed the bars with bo Gs being shown. WTF is it, my phone draining battery and freakin not getting any signal or is it T-Mobile cuz then I'll go switch it for a different model cuz its still in the 14 day grace period!!!!!!!!!!! This is really annoying!!!

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
How bad was your signal? That kills my battery on my 920. Like right now I got 50% after watching HD video for over two hours and streaming music and browsing now.

Yet at my job I can lose 40% in an hour because my phone gets hot as hell and battery eats itself alive.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have Glance on the Peek setting, and I haven't noticed any appreciable decline in battery life. The most instructional lesson in battery life I have had happened last June when I went overseas with my Lumia 920--I had downloaded maps so I could use them locally, had switched off all syncing (email, apps, everything), and just accessed apps and email via wifi and used my device for taking photos (LOTS of photos). My battery life tripled and I became acutely aware of how often I just mindlessly pick up my phone to read news on Weave or WP Central, how impatient I was for email when it arrived constantly...just how generally much I used apps and data out of boredom or impatience. The sad thing is when I got back home and switched everything back to ON, I almost immediately fell back on old habits, and faster battery drains. :p

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I usually get at least 2 days out of mine, but then I'm at home a lot and only have EDGE and no friends. Having said that, I just spent a week in Switzerland at a music festival and that involved fairly heavy use of 3G and various apps and location services and that used about 50% per 'day' at the festival (about 8 hours) plus train times there and home, etc.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I literally get absolutely garbage battery life. If im text for twenty minutes if drains 8% battery life. Like seriously!!! I've had this phone for more than 8 weeks and its really annoying that's like literally the only thing that pisses me off. Like have it connected to LTE and it just can't freakin do anything. If I play a game for 5 to 10 minutes there goes 8%.....WTF I bought it from T-Mobile can I go talk to them or should I go to a windows store? Anyone else who keeps it on LTE and gets crappy battery life or do others get good battery life cuz if I know its me then I'll be pissed and suck it up but if it is specific phone then I'll be pissy and get them to give me a new one

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Glance on the Peek setting, and I haven't noticed any appreciable decline in battery life. The most instructional lesson in battery life I have had happened last June when I went overseas with my Lumia 920--I had downloaded maps so I could use them locally, had switched off all syncing (email, apps, everything), and just accessed apps and email via wifi and used my device for taking photos (LOTS of photos). My battery life tripled and I became acutely aware of how often I just mindlessly pick up my phone to read news on Weave or WP Central, how impatient I was for email when it arrived constantly...just how generally much I used apps and data out of boredom or impatience. The sad thing is when I got back home and switched everything back to ON, I almost immediately fell back on old habits, and faster battery drains. :p

But I didnt buy a smart phione to have to try and conserve battery they should already know these things and build it to last. IPhone last a long time and ppl aren't like so why should we have to try and make it last when I regard windows phones especially Lumias much higher than iPhones. Its just frustrating at the ridiculously fast battery drain of this phone!!!

slobydamn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bad connectivity is a real battery hog for all Lumia models. It's the same with my 800 and my friends' 920s. As soon as connectivity gets shoddy the phones get superhot and battery drain sets in. I can have 40-50% left after a day and then boom down to 10% in an hour.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I find the battery life is very bad too. If it is running on the same Amber software for all Lumia, why 925 is suffering from such high battery consumption?! The battery consumption is much worse than the HTC One which I'm having too. Ain't Windows Phone supposing to be more battery efficient than Android, but I'm seeing otherwise here. I read reports that 925 is suffering from some 3G network stack issues which keep draining the battery. Not sure if it will be fixed soon. Can we report it to any official Nokia forums etc?

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
18% in 20 minutes!!!!! Like seriously I wasn't even watching videos just browsing fb, WP central and 6tag..............18% in 20 minutes is a joke!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb