BUILD 10166: Changes, Improvements, Bugs

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
One big failure in outlook (yet) is that even if "download internet images" is unticked the account preferences, all images are downloaded. Security breach when you receive spam/scam emails. I've reported this by the feedback app, and it's still not fixed, I'm amazed that that kind of bug is not on their top priority list.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it is a bug.... Yesterday onwards, I can't install new apps to the phone. Also, I can't update the apps. All apps are downloaded and remain there without getting installed. I'm using W10M build 10166 in my Lumia 830 and I've installed all my apps in my phone memory( there is almost 9gb remaining). I've tried soft resetting, rebooting and all.... Anybody else come across with the same problem and is there any trick other than hard resetting the phone..??

Edgardo Rios1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Biggest improvement they can make is change that stacked mail view in the outlook mail app, I hate it, I receive around 40 to 50 mails daily and they get lost in that view.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Installed Build 10166 on my L1520 yesterday. Very good so far. Will be used as my daily.

Missing:
1. OneDrive music integration.
2. Sync favorites from IE11 (I now have no bookmarks available)
3. Linked inboxes.
4. Close all cards (running apps) just like the option to close all tabs in Edge.

KeithArgh

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Running on a L810 without any concerns. Initially couldn't access any apps on the SD Card, but after being left for a period, full functionality returned. Uncertain what took so long, but when I opened the phone in the morning, everything seemed to be functioning properly. Maybe a Store Issue?

prem2530

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
In my 920, store app giving me more trouble. No apps are downloaded or installed. Every app struck at starting download stage... Anything can I do to clear this out?

Madoxster

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded to 10166 from 8.1 (Cyan) on my 1520 and noticed these problems. Not sure if they are known:
- Groove music seemed to crash multiple times while doing 'Adding music' (about 8000 songs, I'm a CD collector :p )
- Groove music doesnt display album name on car display (2013 Prius) but other music apps do (Hey DJ)
- Groove music doesnt display album images that are present, when XBOX music did just fine.
- Opening the mail app from a new mail notification doesnt open to the correct account.

So far I'm hating Groove music's UI. Everything is smaller and harder to get. And side swiping for the different modes is so much better than hamburger button.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Iussues on my lumia 520

1 - Contact Live tiles stop working after one day. Shows only a very few contacts
2 - App doesn't close automatically when pressing back key like in 8.1
3 - random apps loading very slowly
4 - Bug in notification center: icon doesn't disappear after opening messages / mail. I have always to slide down
5 - Reminders too small text in Calendar live tile ! Unable to change it in Settings
6 - Edge history back and favourite keys missing
7 - Battery draining! (icon and % does NOT match! If lower than 40%, icon is still 3/4 full. Who's telling the truth?)

Abhijith M Karkal

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
This is for people who are facing issues when downloading additional language pack for Speech.
Go to Windows Insider app and select Get Preview Builds. Select the type based on what you have currently (I chose slow ring since I that was my initial option) and let it configure. Then, go to the Speech settings and select the language to download. Immediately after this, check for phone update. The language pack will be downloaded here instead of the Speech settings dialog.
Solution worked for me on Lumia 930 with Windows 10 build 10166

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
In Homescreen, tiles are too big for 4'' screen. Obviously, I can't use the more rows mode, because tiles become too little. Seems like Win10 is optimized only for 5'' and above.
Therefore I'd to give up. Back to 8.1, build 10166 is far quite useable but too slow on 520 for now. Check next build

williog

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends pls I need someone to help with the best way to manage my start screen taking long to load on my windows 10 mobile. I don't want to do hard reset on my phone. Is there a better way to manage that properly?

Saqlain Zia

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey people can anyone send me key of windows 10 insider as I have to reinstall it through usb and I am struck at previous built and key is removed from insider page. Anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria