Can I download using the wifi Uber app when I don't have a data plan?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can i download using wifi uber app when i don't have data plan

For not having data plan and only talk text, will my phone accommodate using wifi and the Uber ride app is all I really need to have on my lumia 640 phone. I love the phone but have a plan of talk text and have no data plan.
I'm learning the wifi network and that's where I would like to try to have uber app. so as to contact uber when needed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: can i download using wifi uber app when i don't have data plan

For not having data plan and only talk text, will my phone accommodate using wifi and the Uber ride app is all I really need to have on my lumia 640 phone. I love the phone but have a plan of talk text and have no data plan.
I'm learning the wifi network and that's where I would like to try to have uber app. so as to contact uber when needed.

yes, you can use wifi to download and use the uber app as well as any other app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

joeleis

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Chintan
Thanks for answering my thread about the phone. So can you tell me more about how the process would work to get the app through the wifi and do I use wifi sense?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Chintan
Thanks for answering my thread about the phone. So can you tell me more about how the process would work to get the app through the wifi and do I use wifi sense?

connecting to wifi - go to settings > network > wifi. Switch on wifi and select the network that you wish to connect with. It must be an open network or a network whose password you know

Once connected with wifi, just use the phone as you normally would use with cellular data. Browse the web, download apps, update facebook etc

Wifi sense is a feature that monitor how much data you have used, and whether you want to share the wifi passwords with your contacts. For your use, wifi sense isn't important.

When wifi is on, and you're connected with a wifi network, go to store, search for the app and download and install. That's it

joeleis

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the info. about the wifi network and downloading an App.
In the way i understand it, if a network on WiFi needs a password or for my selecting a secure network, i should obtain getting a password and for purposes of having password, maybe through Time Warner Cable i could get a password as they have wifi i've seen on the phone when i did test and connect to wifi through friend's place.
That might be the only problem of finding a secure network while trying to hail a Uber car(?)
Thanks again,

Eventually i'll 'get it.'

joeleis

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks man for the helpful info. on the Lumia 640, and I finally got it connecting through public wifi for the purpose of ordering up an Uber car for a ride and once connecting to the wifi (trusted) site, it was smooth and glad for the positive turn out.
Specially in today's economical slump.....or that is, worse than that.

Later*
Take care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo