Can I store Here Maps on SD Card for offline use in Microsoft Lumia 640 XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can I store Here Maps on SD Card for offline use in Microsoft Lumia 640 XL

I live at New Delhi, India. I am planning to buy Microsoft Lumia 640 XL launched recently.
My question is that can I store Here Maps on SD card for offline use.
Also can all the games and apps along with Here Maps can be stored on SD Card.
Please clarify, since internal memory is only 8GB,
can all Maps be stored on SD CARD so that I can use them while driving in OFFLINE MODE.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No Here maps can not be stored on a SD card. Up till a month's ago this was possible with the Lumia Storage Check Beta app but this is pulled from the store. We do not know if in the future Microsoft makes this possible again.

And not all apps (games) can be stored on a sd card. A lot of them can but not all. This defends on the developer and or if the app is "critical".

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I store Here Maps on SD Card for offline use in Microsoft Lumia 640 XL

No Here maps can not be stored on a SD card. Up till a month's ago this was possible with the Lumia storage sense beta app but this is pulled from the store. We do not know if in the future Microsoft makes this possible again.

And not all apps (games) can be stored on a sd card. A lot of them can but not all. This defends on the developer and or if the app is "critical".

App is still there, not sure if it works or not. Last rating was 24/04/15....

Lanex

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

How did you manage to do that? Mine says that it's not available, where do you live?

Vichael Lam

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
It is deciduous that maps can only be stored in internal memory.
Microsoft is pushing Nokia user to shift to Android, as the map in Here for my Android mobile can be stored in SD card.

Vichael Lam

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

App is still there, not sure if it works or not. Last rating was 24/04/15....

Agreed. I have never dreamed that map can only be stored in internal memory.
It is OK for my old Lumia 920 as the internal memory is 32GB, and there is no SD card.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello Microsoft,

This is important to install MAPs in SD card, let us know any workaround to install it on Lumia 640XL.

Thanks,
Niket
while on 8.1 Update 2 this was only possible via interop unlock (until recently - not anymore), Windows 10 Mobile will have this as an option. The latest build 10572 already allows users to store maps to SDCard.
MS is listening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon