Can no longer download/sync Yahoo emails

TRP-01

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I've had very few problems the last 8 months with my HTC One M8 from Verizon until last week. It runs Windows 8.1 with GDR2 update.

My main email is a corporate email with an exchange server. No problems with that.

I also have 4 separate Yahoo email accounts set up using HTC's built-in email. Within the last week, all four accounts stopped updating. When I try to sync, I receive "Error Code 80040902". I've tried deleting all of the Yahoo email accounts and re-loading one or two of them and I've also done a soft re-set of the phone. The emails sync for about 5 minutes after deleting and re-loading them, but then I get the error code and they stop updating. The date/time/region are all set correctly...

Any advice on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I had to manually configure the incoming and outgoing mail servers using the settings listed from Yahoo. For some reason my Windows Phone couldn't automatically configure the settings. After using the mobile information available from Yahoo, my accounts once again were syncing without a hitch.

Hope that's the case for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb