Can the 822 work on GSM?

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys a friend of mine has a Verizon Lumia 822 and he plans to upgrade so he was offering to sell it to me, but I use a GSM network. I researched it and apparently the 822 is a world phone that can work on GSM bands and will work on all my carriers bands, so my question is does anyone have any experience with this any will all the features work and does anyone have any experience with this?

BTW its unlocked 🔓 and I wasn't sure if I should post this in carrier discussions but it seemed kinda dead
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an 822 on MetroPCS (a T-Mobile brand) and there were a few issues. One was the fact that I could only send text messages on 2G. The phone was able to get 4G, but for some reason refused to send text messages. In addition, any service linked to Verizon did not work well, such as the NFL app installed on the phone. Other than that, the phone is great for a mid-range, and should get the 8.1 update. Depending on your carrier, you may be able to send texts without having to change from 4G to 2G, but multimedia messages (such as pictures) may not send properly.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I've checked and all the bands work (I don't live in America) btw were the any other problems I heard some people saying tethering doesn't work properly
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I did not try tethering, so I can't comment on that. Hopefully someone using the 822 on a network other than Verizon can help you in finding out if you can tether.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb