Cannot upgrade to latest build of WP8.1 (error code 8018830f)

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I got a Nokia Lumia 735. I spent most of the evening upgrading apps but unfortunately I just cannot update the OS to the latest WP8.1 build. I keep getting the 8018830f error code. Phone space isn't a problem. I have performed soft resets; changed region, time, date and language settings; switched the phone off and on again; cleared caches; backed up the phone and so on but none of that has worked. What more can I do? Anyone have any more suggestions before I update via WDRT?

I'm not interested in upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.

Can anyone help me, please?

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
What build are you on currently?

How do you know if an update is available?
Settings>phone update>check for updates>Update begins to download. Once complete the phone attempts to install the update but then stops at around 20% and then the following message comes up: "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f)"

Check ur date n time go to storage sense clear temp data connect to a wifi n then try updating might help..
Done all that too, but sadly it doesn't work.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
According to a bing search, there's not enough space on your phone. If you think there is, do a soft reset and try again. If that doesn't work, it looks like you will have to go for a hard reset.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
There's 2.97GB of free space on the phone and I have a 32GB SD card plugged in too. I tried a soft reset again but encountered the same results.

I then tried a hard reset, went through the setup process, switched off app updates, tried to update the via Phone Update and... no dice.

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
There's 2.97GB of free space on the phone and I have a 32GB SD card plugged in too. I tried a soft reset again but encountered the same results.

I then tried a hard reset, went through the setup process, switched off app updates, tried to update the via Phone Update and... no dice.

How about Windows device recovery tool ???

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Crisis averted: I was lent access to a PC, downloaded WDRT and updated the phone to the most recent WP8.1 build. I was surprised that the 735 was updated to GDR2 because I was under the impression that only the 640 and 640 XL received GDR2. After using the older and disorganised Settings menu pre-GDR2, it was a relief returning to the newer categorised version.

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Crisis averted: I was lent access to a PC, downloaded WDRT and updated the phone to the most recent WP8.1 build. I was surprised that the 735 was updated to GDR2 because I was under the impression that only the 640 and 640 XL received GDR2. After using the older and disorganised Settings menu pre-GDR2, it was a relief returning to the newer categorised version.

Congratz !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa