Can't set English US as language

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
the phones are region locked and do not have en us muis i guess. i have 2, 1 is purchased directly from htc outlet in malaysia and the other one is from an htc outlet in singapore. the one from singapore does not have the option to set en us as phone language during first init. the other one contains it and lang can be changed on the fly. i guess it depends on the initial rom you have on your phone. you can always debrand your device using the ycable method, at the risk of losing carrier additional apps. i did it on the singapore phone and now its region unlocked. updated, and cortana appears.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I guess I could flash my phone, but my problem is that my phone is the RM-893 variant (the one for USA), and there's few unbranded ROMs for it. Anyone can give me a link with a list of product codes for the RM-893? Thanks!

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I guess I could flash my phone, but my problem is that my phone is the RM-893 variant (the one for USA), and there's few unbranded ROMs for it. Anyone can give me a link with a list of product codes for the RM-893? Thanks!

eh, i thought we were talking about htc 8x phones. if your phone is a us variant of a lumia why wouldnt it have us english in the first place?

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 520 is assembled in argentina so it won't let Language Phone: enable under US even if US is on top !! that way cortana is block if u r outside the us!!! that sux! a lot

modenesi

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
[SOLUTION] IN 3 FAST AND EASY STEPS

I was having the same problem and spent some hours trying to fix it, now I finally fixed it!

(1st step) DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FOR THE DESIRED LANGUAGE
Path: Windows key, Settings, Time & Language, Region and Language.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (10).png

If the desired language is not listed, then click on "Add a Language", find it and download it.

Screenshot (4).png

(2nd step) DOWNLOAD ALL THE RESOURCES FOR YOUR LANGUAGE
Same Path: Windows key, Settings, Time & Language, Region and Language.

Click on the language you want and then click on "Options". Install ALL the available resources for that language.

Screenshot (9).png

(Final step) USE THE OLD VERSION OF "CONTROL PANEL" TO ACTIVE YOUR LANGUAGE
Same Path: Windows key, Settings, Time & Language, Region and Language.

Below the listed languages, on "Related Settings", click on "Additional date, time & regional settings". A new window will open (that's the old control panel).

Screenshot (8).png

Click on the menu "Language". A new window will open.

Screenshot (5).png

Click on "Advanced settings". On the section "Override for Windows Language", select the desired language and finally click on "Save" at the bottom of the current window. It might ask you to either log off or restart, so the new language will be on.

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788