Can't Unlock T-Mobile Lumia 925

Timothy Ayernor

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Need Help unlocking my USA T-mobile lumia 925. after purchasing the phone months ago in the US with no luck getting the unlock codes from tmobile because I'm not a customer I still cant find any other way to unlock the phone as I have left the country. I tried 3rd party services online like cellunlocker.net and others but still had no luck in getting the codes since most of them pay through paypal which is currently not available in my country in Africa. Need help seriously! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You're OOL unless you find some company that will do a partial (unlock) flash your phone.
Contact this person ( you have to be a member of this forum to pm him)

ATF First In The World Lumia 925 WinPhone 8 Full Flashing! - GSM-Forum

See if there is a distributor in your country
in my country in Africa http://www.advance-box.com/resellers_distributors.php
doesn't say what country in Africa.
They only list this:

TECHNIQUE STYLE TRADING
Africa
Contact person: ANSARI
City: DEIRA DUBAI
Telephone: +97142217868
Email: ansartec@emirates.net.ae
Web: http://www.tst-gsm.com
MSN: ansartec1965@hotmail.com
Sonork: 100.81521
Yahoo: ansartec1965@yahoo.com

Good luck

Timothy Ayernor

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
You're OOL unless you find some company that will do a partial (unlock) flash your phone.
Contact this person ( you have to be a member of this forum to pm him)

ATF First In The World Lumia 925 WinPhone 8 Full Flashing! - GSM-Forum

See if there is a distributor in your country
in my country in Africa Advance Turbo Flasher - Distributors and Resellers page
doesn't say what country in Africa.
They only list this:

TECHNIQUE STYLE TRADING
Africa
Contact person: ANSARI
City: DEIRA DUBAI
Telephone: +97142217868
Email: ansartec@emirates.net.ae
Web: Tst-gsm.com
MSN: ansartec1965@hotmail.com
Sonork: 100.81521
Yahoo: ansartec1965@yahoo.com

Good luck

Thanks but are you sure just flashing the phone will carrier unlock it too?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Google "flashing a phone" and it will tell you what it is and isn't.
Contact them would be the best thing to do, that is free.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Flashing the phone will do nothing but brick it (make it unusable) because GSM phones cannot be flashed. Flashing only works on CDMA, T-Mobile is a GSM company therefore their phones use SIM cards.

GSM phones need an unlock code for unlocking, CDMA phones need to be flashed for unlock.

If you want it unlocked, I suggest you check your local phone stores or find a website where you can pay with your credit card, there are few of those out there.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Flashing the phone will do nothing but brick it (make it unusable) because GSM phones cannot be flashed. Flashing only works on CDMA, T-Mobile is a GSM company therefore their phones use SIM cards.

GSM phones need an unlock code for unlocking, CDMA phones need to be flashed for unlock.

If you want it unlocked, I suggest you check your local phone stores or find a website where you can pay with your credit card, there are few of those out there.

Maybe not ATF First In The World Lumia 925 WinPhone 8 Full Flashing! - GSM-Forum

Several here on WPC have used this and unlocked GSM phones.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f60...care-suite-download-nokia-925t-added-1660094/

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
But don't you need specialized hardware to do that? Seems like a good investment for an unlocking company, but not for single personal device.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the EXACT same problem, but I'm from Brazil.

You will probably never get an unlock code from T-Mobile or any third party if your phone was never used on T-mobile's network (international roaming included).
After waiting 5 weeks, I found a friend of a friend with a T-Mobile sim card, inserted it in my phone, waited a week, and tried cellunlocker.net and receive the code back a week after that
You don't have to go to USA, but you do need to insert a working T-Mobile sim card in your phone, international roaming will do the rest. Mine was a pre-paid sim, had no credit, but just having the phone actually connected to T-mo's network did the job.

I suggest you try that too, as flashing your phone wouldn't work (as stated above).

Look here if your country is listed for coverage: T-Mobile’s 4G Network | Check Your Coverage | T-Mobile Blazing Fast 4G Coverage

Wish you luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz