Can't Update Lumia 1020 to Denim

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!

Having a problem with my Lumia 1020. Basically, it keeps freezing and lagging when I open mostly third-party apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Lumia Camera, Xbox Music etc. It kind of hangs and is stuck during the splash screen for about 5-6 seconds, or sometimes more.
Now I feel I would like to re-flash my phone.
Nokia Lumia 909, RM-875, 059T4Q0
My current phone OS version is: 8.10.14.219.341
Current Firmware revision number: 3051.50009.1451.1001

My phone belongs to Vietnam, and according to Microsoft?s Availability in Asia Pacific page the following version is the latest to my phone:
Denim - 8.10.14234.375 - 3051.50009.1451.1001
But I can?t see any Over-The-Air updates on my phone, so deiced to try via Nokia Software Updater shows the current update is lower than on Microsoft?s Availability in Asia Pacific page.
The same happens with Nokia Data Package Manager 4.2 - it does not show me the latest version of the firmware.

Where will I be able to download the latest firmware?

Thank you!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!

Having a problem with my Lumia 1020. Basically, it keeps freezing and lagging when I open mostly third-party apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Lumia Camera, Xbox Music etc. It kind of hangs and is stuck during the splash screen for about 5-6 seconds, or sometimes more.

My phone belongs to Vietnam, and according to Microsoft’s Availability in Asia Pacific page the following version is the latest to my phone:
But I can’t see any Over-The-Air updates on my phone, so deiced to try via Nokia Software Updater shows the current update is lower than on Microsoft’s Availability in Asia Pacific page.
The same happens with Nokia Data Package Manager 4.2 - it does not show me the latest version of the firmware.

Thank you!

IS the region set to vietnam?? set it.then restart the phone and update via ota or else flash denim from NSRT from a country like INDIA.Indian roms are dependable.Atleast the updates are quick

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

My phone belongs to Vietnam, and according to Microsoft?s Availability in Asia Pacific page the following version is the latest to my phone:
But I can?t see any Over-The-Air updates on my phone, so deiced to try via Nokia Software Updater shows the current update is lower than on Microsoft?s Availability in Asia Pacific page.

Thank you!

Since the official Microsoft page says that the update is already available for your country, you should be receiving the update within a month or so. There were recent cases, additionally, that users received their update even before the Microsoft updates page indicated that the update was already available. So let's take the Microsoft updates page as a fair estimate of the availability of the update, for now at least.

Changing the region of your phone will not affect the availability of the update, unlike Cortana. And it will not be advisable to flash a different ROM into your phone since this could:
1. brick your phone
2. bring up incompatibility issues, since apparently not all L1020s are made the same
3. void the warranty of your phone
4. prevent/hinder you from receiving future updates or features specifically tailored for your country

There's no rush to re-flash/restore your phone to factory settings (though this will definitely improve your phone performance). You could however try to force your phone to update itself by installing a different language for your keyboard - a lot of users reported improved performance right after this forced update. You could also try re-installing each of the problematic apps.

However, if you really want to re-flash your phone, check out this comprehensive guide, and be sure to install the correct OS version for your country on your L1020.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
.Indian roms are dependable.Atleast the updates are quick

1 Why are Indian roms dependable and other country roms not?
2 Is the 4G option not disabled in the current Indian Denim update?
3 Updates quick for India? Then why did we get a LOT of post which stated otherwise?
Or you only started to read WC posts the last 2 to 3 weeks? Actual Germany and France got the Cyan and the Denim as one of the first but then again results from the past do not have to be true in the future.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
1 Why are Indian roms dependable and other country roms not?
2 Is the 4G option not disabled in the current Indian Denim update?
3 Updates quick for India? Then why did we get a LOT of post which stated otherwise?
Or you only started to read WC posts the last 2 to 3 weeks? Actual Germany and France got the Cyan and the Denim as one of the first but then again results from the past do not have to be true in the future.

1.They come faster for some phones
2.Nope.Not.Atleast not for the 625
3.They were due to a bug in denim.Atleast that's what was said

minhsu181

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I was in VN and I had lumia 1020 that was updated by OTA to Denim about 1 month ago.
I have had to turn off Preview for Developers before updating by OTA.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
rhat's because 4G spectrum's were being reauctioned.They will add it in windows 10 as Providers like airtel have started 4g services from 5 months

Indeed so i have 2 question.
1 Do you have the 4 G option on you 625 which is on Denim?
2 What would happen with the OP's 1020 if he takes your advice to flash his phone with the Indian 1020 ROM?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Indeed so i have 2 question.
1 Do you have the 4 G option on you 625 which is on Denim?
2 What would happen with the OP's 1020 if he takes your advice to flash his phone with the Indian 1020 ROM?

1.Yes
2.Nothing much in terms of different features

IF he wants to he can even flash the finnish rom.It's his desicion

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
1.Yes
2.Nothing much in terms of different features

IF he wants to he can even flash the finnish rom.It's his desicion

Would he have the 4 g option in his 1020 if he flashed his 1020 to Indian ROM.

And it is not about what he wanted but of the advice you gave?

Or do you still not understand the point!?!!
Do you really still think your replay is correct?

"IS the region set to vietnam?? set it.then restart the phone and update via ota or else flash denim from NSRT from a country like INDIA.Indian roms are dependable.Atleast the updates are quick=

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
However, if you really want to re-flash your phone, check out this comprehensive guide, and be sure to install the correct OS version for your country on your L1020.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried adding extra keyboard language and force-update, however, got only keyboard language downloaded and no denim and phone lags are still present.

Also, I've tried that tool, however, it can't detect my phone and shows me 0x80070003 error. Have tried googling it, couldn't find valid solution.

Will try to opt-out from Developer Preview and see if I get any update - if not, then restore phone from OS settings. I think it should remove DP OS totally, right?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried adding extra keyboard language and force-update, however, got only keyboard language downloaded and no denim and phone lags are still present.

Also, I've tried that tool, however, it can't detect my phone and shows me 0x80070003 error. Have tried googling it, couldn't find valid solution.

Will try to opt-out from Developer Preview and see if I get any update - if not, then restore phone from OS settings. I think it should remove DP OS totally, right?

No problem.

Unfortunately, resetting the phone through the phone settings (Settings > About > reset phone) will not uninstall the OS version that you have. A hard reset will also not uninstall that OS version that you already have. You need to be able to connect your phone to the Lumia Software Recovery Tool in order to roll back to the latest "commercially available non-DP" OS version.

I'm intrigued by what you just said, that your phone can't be detected. There's a section in the page I shared with you for that symptom; be sure to check it out, too. If you already did, you may need to uninstall and then re-install the USB driver (while your phone and any other USB device is not connected) in your laptop (some sources suggested this, some users claimed this worked but it didn't for me - yet it's worth a try); your laptop should reinstall the drivers automatically a few moments after connecting your phone to your laptop again.

Let us know what works for you.

Aziz Yankee

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Let us know what works for you.

Hi!

Actually flashed my phone with Nokia Software Updater to earlier version, then got Denim+OS update over the air. So far so good!

However, i guess it's off-topic, but I can't see 3G forced setting under the field test menu (##3282#>Settings>Network Type) - I can select only Automatic, 2G Only, 4G Only. Where is 3G?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon