Coming soon in the near future!

Wrath_Kahn

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Getting a little sick of these headlines. I have been a die hard WP supporter but even I am losing faith. Everything seems to be "hinted" at in the future but when it is finally announced it is 6-12 month old tech. The disappointments keep coming, a 400 processor in the 830?? This is basically a Moto G for double the price(no LTE on G but they will have a model for another 20-40 bucks). Even when a flagship is announced it is carrier exclusive and like the HTC is a 6 month old android hand me downs.

Using WP is like being one of the little brothers in a large family. All you get(if you are one of the lucky children/carriers) are hand me downs and old technology. :cry:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The HTC was just released and the first of it's kind. The next generation of mobile phone development could possibly see future flagship phones from companies like HTC release Android and Windows Phone at the same time. While we are all excited for new phones, there really isn't too much we can do about this.

Gnawing over specs is unique to Android, and that has unfortunately bled over to into Windows Phone. Early WP7 handsets were way behind their Android counterparts, but actual handset performance did not reflect that. We all read the specs online, but actually trying the phones out proves that every handset doesn't need the latest SoC to be a great phone.

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I suppose someone should make a Windows Phone with 4 gigs ram and some super-high end experimental processor, just to make you spec geeks happy, even if it doesn't contribute anything additional to the performance of the WP OS on your phone.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I suppose someone should make a Windows Phone with 4 gigs ram and some super-high end experimental processor, just to make you spec geeks happy, even if it doesn't contribute anything additional to the performance of the WP OS on your phone.
That wont be powerful enough....

Wrath_Kahn

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I want to see the latest phones because that is what gets new WP customers which gets more developer support. Good luck getting a sales rep at att to recommend a year or two old lumia over any new androids. It is like trying to convince someone that all you need is a car to get from point A to B. Sure you don't NEED a 400 HP car, but it doesn't mean people don't want them.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I want to see the latest phones because that is what gets new WP customers which gets more developer support. Good luck getting a sales rep at att to recommend a year or two old lumia over any new androids. It is like trying to convince someone that all you need is a car to get from point A to B. Sure you don't NEED a 400 HP car, but it doesn't mean people don't want them.

Seeing as how expensive gas is ill take the less gas hungry car :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
WP works smooth on any hardware, I know I am disappointed too, 400 not 800 or 801, I was waiting for the 830 but now I will wait for another one, 930 could be my next phone but no SD card :|
BTW, do you suggest me to get the 830, I own 720

wizaard

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

400HP car can really give you more power. Latest processor in Windows Phone gives you just nice words in the specs, no benefit included. On the Android on the other hand... ;-)

janil17

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
\
Gnawing over specs is unique to Android, and that has unfortunately bled over to into Windows Phone. Early WP7 handsets were way behind their Android counterparts, but actual handset performance did not reflect that. We all read the specs online, but actually trying the phones out proves that every handset doesn't need the latest SoC to be a great phone.

I just want a phone that's faster than the HTC 8x/ Lumia 920 that was released almost two years ago.

The 830 looks nice, except that it's likely slower than the better phones from two years ago. It also seems too expensive for what it is (though the price in Euros probably won't translate directly into dollars, especially if it includes VAT). Also, we don't have any official announcements saying where it will be available.

The 930 is great, but not available for my carrier.

The HTC One for Windows will be nice when it's released from my carrier. I hope I my phone lasts until that point.

If I used Android or an iPhone, there would be a decent enough phone available for almost any mobile provider you can choose. Let's hope that WP phone availability improves in the next year.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Getting a little sick of these headlines. I have been a die hard WP supporter but even I am losing faith. Everything seems to be "hinted" at in the future

I do see your point, it can be a bit galling to see "Cortina soon" in February and it still ain't available in the UK without being in a program of some kind, some six months later (OK I could join the program and get it but I can wait a bit longer).

I also think it must be very frustrating to for some to see others enjoying our Xbox One's when they still aren't available in many countries.

But I would guess a lot of the frustration is caused by hanging around on forums like this, I am sure it's a bit hand in hand with MS but it isn't MS announcing the headlines, it leaks, snippets and gossip.

Maybe I am easy to please, I am super impressed by the setup I have at the moment (1520, Xbox One, Surface Pro and a few other bits and bobs), and anything else that comes is a bonus, but in the last couple of weeks these bonuses have been coming thick and fast.

Bob

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've also been disappointed in MS in general but I think this processor business is getting a little over blown. Lets use the damn thing first before we start talking about how much of a mistake it was to use a 400 instead of a 800. My 8X has been smooth as butter and its a dual core. WP is no Android. It is optimized to run efficiently just like iOS. If you're coming from Android you need to adjust.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
While WP may run better than Android on the same hardware, you can't necessarily say the same for apps, especially games. And I'm sorry, if MS is going to claim the 830 is a flagship of any sort, they can't use the same SoC they use in their lower-end models.

Wrath_Kahn

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind newer processors are built on a smaller manufacturing process and use less power. I care more about battery life than speed and the 920 has mediocre battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra