Considering WP7

D16RR

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
As the user name would imply, I'm completely over the Blackberry experience. No need to elaborate, the rant would fill pages. My children have iPhones and that is not happening either. I need a tool for business. One that can print email, attachments, etc to my Bluetooth printer, allow me to view my Access (2000) databases, get my gmail pushed to me, and let me use the internet without restriction (that's code for "opens flash sites"). That's it. I don't need games, widgets, weather, fart noises, or anything related to social media. Is WP7 capable of these things? I'm certain all this has been covered, but I spent 10 minutes searching and found no concrete answers.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
For his particular needs, it does sound like certain Android handsets may be better for him. At least for the next year or so.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There was a postin I believe in pocketnow that flash is coming to iOs 5! Not that it makes any difference to me!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Flash is laggy its is really killing Android IMHO it makes the Android browser act ********. Flash runs great on PC but is way too bulky for hand held devices.

IJS Dave

D16RR

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
iOS will get Flash when Apple gets rid of the one button mouse. I used to think that meant never. Maybe with Jobs out of the picture...

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you were over BB but if you want flash without the awfulness incarnate that is Android, look at the BB PlayBook. It's a small tablet but it runs Flash and according to Walt Mossberg, runs it better than any Android device he's seen. Also, RIM will be releasing their new phones running the same QNX with Flash in Q1 of 2012, although some bloggers are saying RIM is rushing to get them out and they may be buggy. Best of luck!

DrBatman

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The Veer runs flash if I mind right ;)

I used to think having Flash was a big deal. Truth is that HTML 5 is killing it (at least for me...other opinions are available).

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My Pre 2 runs flash, but not the greatest and Androids don't seem to run it any better. I wouldn't take issue to a phone not having it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler