Cortana better on Android?

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. My wife has an android phone. I have a windows phone. We both have Cortana installed. Let me make this clear. We are not from any of the official cortana compliant countries. I have my region set to UK as it seems the only way to get football news (Epl) is by setting the region to UK. Her phone is set to USA.
Now here is the issue. We are both located in the Caribbean (Barbados). She originated from another Caribbean country. Her Cortana is set up to deliver news from Barbados as well as her home country. Which Cortana does well on her android. My wp is set to deliver news from Barbados and Jamaica. Which it does not. No matter how i edit my notebook add websites or local newspapers Cortana simply doesn't deliver on my wp. Again my wife's android phone delivers all her news interests. Why is it that Cortana is so much "better" at this on android than on its native windows phone?
*I cant seem to add photos of our screens to show the glaring differences*

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. My wife has an android phone. I have a windows phone. We both have Cortana installed. Let me make this clear. We are not from any of the official cortana compliant countries. I have my region set to UK as it seems the only way to get football news (Epl) is by setting the region to UK. Her phone is set to USA.
Now here is the issue. We are both located in the Caribbean (Barbados). She originated from another Caribbean country. Her Cortana is set up to deliver news from Barbados as well as her home country. Which Cortana does well on her android. My wp is set to deliver news from Barbados and Jamaica. Which it does not. No matter how i edit my notebook add websites or local newspapers Cortana simply doesn't deliver on my wp. Again my wife's android phone delivers all her news interests. Why is it that Cortana is so much "better" at this on android than on its native windows phone?
*I cant seem to add photos of our screens to show the glaring differences*

if you change your region to US? You can't compare the results if the base experiment is not the same

What are you using to upload photos?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Changing to USA stops my football news. It gives me NFL (Football; American)....Will try it though.....post the results.

then we could say that cortana is useless for your wife since she doesn't get football news. There has to be the same conditions in an experiment to draw any conclusion :smile:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's because Cortana doesn't understand the term "peronsalization" even though it's supposed to be a personal assistant. It forces you to like things everyone in that country likes, how personal is that?

What I do is under "news" in the notebook area I added a team. In this case "liverpool". And it tracks that one team. However, it doesn't have all teams which is weird.

Anyways, honestly get an app called "OneFootball". You can customize it to hell and have it send you notifications with new news and all sorts of things. You can add teams, full leagues, even the euro 2016 and follow. You can go into individual upcoming matches and then specify notifications for things like "goals", "red cards" etc..

Another option is Forza football. You can test both out and see which one you like. I sort of prefer the UI on Onefootball but forza has some positives too like more different types of notifications per game. But it just seems more cluttered to me.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Changed to usa. Arsenal news coming in. The point was local news and regional news is provided on android (Jamaica and Barbados) on android and nothing on windows phone. Tried the football and cricket aspect on my wife's phone as well as mine. She receives arsenal news and CPL 20/20 (regional cricket tournament) I'm still yet waiting to see ONE mention. Don't get me started on restaurants/ poi near your location. Random on wp. Perfect on her android. It's things like this that get wp users frustrated.
News always closes on "my sources".....will try onefootball

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon