Cortana doesn't like cycling or walking

bills pies

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
When I ask Cortana how many miles it is to *insert location*, she brings up a map and tells me how many minutes it will take to drive there, and how many miles away it is.
Then when I say, "how bout on foot" or "how bout by bike", it brings up a bing search instead of telling me how many minutes it will take to walk/cycle to *insert location*

This is not a bug, more of a feature request.

What would also be cool is if it knew train departures. Because if it could, I could say "When is the next train to Leeds from London KX", and she could say "The next train is in 40 minutes. It will take you 19 minutes to walk there"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that Cortana is in beta. A lot of the features that will be available are not at this time. Also since it appears that you're in the UK it may not function 100% correctly.

saimohan35

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
When I ask Cortana how many miles it is to *insert location*, she brings up a map and tells me how many minutes it will take to drive there, and how many miles away it is.
Then when I say, "how bout on foot" or "how bout by bike", it brings up a bing search instead of telling me how many minutes it will take to walk/cycle to *insert location*

This is not a bug, more of a feature request.

What would also be cool is if it knew train departures. Because if it could, I could say "When is the next train to Leeds from London KX", and she could say "The next train is in 40 minutes. It will take you 19 minutes to walk there"

she replied to me when i asked how about foot, it replied..."i dont think you can reach there on foot"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234