Cortana not working after latest update 14393.693 non-insider build

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

Cortana is not working after the latest update to 14393.693

It opens up, but when I press the speech/microphone icon, it closes automatically. Even when I select Hey Cortana and try to make it recognise my voice, it closes automatically. It gives up a sentence, and before I could start saying it, it crashes.

Any solutions to fix this problem?

PS- I have already done hard-reset twice, and also a soft-reset.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
change between languages like english UK or US? Make sure all the speech packs, lang packs, keyboard packs are ok?

Cortana has been nice for my 950xl and surface pro 3. Catching my Hey Cortana the first time and I don't need to shout! Even soft voice picked it up.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
change between languages like english UK or US? Make sure all the speech packs, lang packs, keyboard packs are ok?

Cortana has been nice for my 950xl and surface pro 3. Catching my Hey Cortana the first time and I don't need to shout! Even soft voice picked it up.
What are your language and region settings?

On my Lumia 950 it's more miss than a hit for hey Cortana. It only picks up occasionally. I'd to press the mic for it to listen to voice commands most of the time.

Sent from mTalk

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I have got English India, and the region has been set to India too. But then the date/time settings are in UK, as I live in the UK.

Unfortunately when I download the English UK speech pack, it throws an error. Even I tried downloading English US pack, and still it shows 'error downloading'.

Before the recent update, everything was working including hey cortana.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The speech pack downloads are so frustrating... Not sure why it's ok on some or not and you have no way of solving it if you do have problems.

A while ago on my mom 640, waiting til the next day got an extra keyboard to download properly.

recently on my mom in law blu win hd lte, I learned that windows 10 for it has a bug where you couldn't download keyboard packs... had to wdrt all the way back to 8.1 then, download all the keyboards I wanted then upgrade to win10

sorry none of that helps you...

What was the combination before you had problem? I wonder if it's worth trying to get everything to pure UK, or pure US, delete out Indian rebooting in between... Add back English Indian make it default. Think back to when you first had everything set up, in what order was it set up? Like even right from when your first time turning on the phone?

sometimes also when adding speech or keyboard.... there's actually something going on on the phone update section, it may even ask for reboot for 'additional language' support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs