Cortana only opens searches on Internet Explorer and not Edge. How to solve this?

rodrigobarg

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I search something with Cortana, it opens the search on internet explorer and not edge, and I don't know why (edge is default browser). I also noticed that desktop apps such as google photos also open links on internet explorer. Does anyone know how to solve this?

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by rodrigobarg
Everytime I search something with Cortana, it opens the search on internet explorer and not edge, and I don't know why (edge is default browser). I also noticed that desktop apps such as google photos also open links on internet explorer. Does anyone know how to solve this?

What is your default browser?
Settings > System > Default apps > Web browser

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
why Cortana is not working on my system, i tried many times and it is not working, what I want that it should work like Siri in iOS? am I right, it is not speaking the answers rather searching it and it is a total mess
Hi Your issue is different then the title of the thread. Here is a tutorial from Windows Central. If you need more help, it would be better to start a new thread!:wink:
How to setup and use Cortana on Windows 10 PC | Windows Central

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs