cracked display.....what should I do?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 900 does have Gorilla Glass, but Gorilla Glass is still glass. It's not shatterproof, it's just MUCH harder to crack or scratch than normal glass. Unfortunately if the phone is dropped, the result really just depends on how it hits the ground. iPhones have Gorilla Glass too and they get cracked/smashed all the time.

I would follow Jet Life's advice and check with Nokia to see what repair would cost as it's possible it could be a little less expensive than the deductible. Either way though you should figure on this costing you at least $100, probably more.

Sorry to hear this happened, I know that can be upsetting.

Definitely get a case if you don't have one already. I don't like having a bulky case personally, so I just use the "bumper" type case that runs around the perimeter of the phone, but I always keep it on there and it does afford a decent amount of protection to the most vulnerable parts of the phone by deflecting/dispersing the shock if it falls and lands on one of the corners or narrow edges. It's saved me a few times already.

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
mate who said gorilla glass drop proof? shatter proof? scratch proof? You said that from what i know its just scratch resistance and tougher than ordinary glass.

Lastly it depends how the phone drop if you drop at the wrong angle the glass it then it will still break.

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess that video of the guy hitting the phone with the hammer is bull.

hello mate have u tried to hammer a nail? and drop? the fella said drop from waist how high is that waist? What is the angle did it drop? Whaat floor is did he drop on? Which impact zone it is? so dont blindly create your own assumption by some words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire