Default "Alarm" application lost an important feature coming form WP7 to WP8.

MSfiend

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
First off I searched for this topic before starting this new thread so apologizes if this becomes a repeat thread, now to the topic at hand!

When I use to own a WP7, I would turn the notifications to vibrate so it wouldn't wake me during my slumber; however, the alarm would sound off ignoring the vibrate only setting.
This feature was lost in WP8, the alarm obeys the current setting, lucky for me, my trusty ole "Trophy" alerted me that it was time to go to work while my "8x" was vibrating away.
I hope Microsoft fixes this soon, otherwise random eMails and new post from "WP Central" team, ect. might wake me before my alarm does. :cry:

*sadface*

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Either it's just your particular device or it's the way HTC designed the 8X for some reason... I found out (the hard way - in a class during a test) that vibrate/silent means NOTHING when it comes to alarms on my Lumia 810. The alarm will sound no matter what level the audio is at on the phone, including vibrate and/or silent.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Turning the volume down to zero shows the vibrate icon, but it is not the same as simply turning vibrate on.

Try creating a test alarm. Reset if it doesn't work.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Anaron

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just tested my HTC 8S and I can confirm that the alarm will play even though the phone is set to vibrate-only (by tapping ringer+vibrate once). It also works when I lower my volume all the way to zero and switching to vibrate-only.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For and to me, this is no bug... The alarm, like music is kinda like on demand. It should ignore the mute and vibrate.

I absolutely love this feature. My phone is almost always on mute or low. Sometimes by choice and other times due to me forgetting, But I never miss my alarms. They ring out. If you don't want the alarm, turn it off.

I think more people would complain that they missed an alarm due to the sound being off rather than the opposite. Microsoft did this purposely, I believe.

DaveR12

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There's an alarm sound choice called "Vibrate Only" that will only vibrate regardless of your volume setting (look at the very top of the sound list). Make sure that it's not your choice for the alarm sound.

MSfiend

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I returned my original 8x due to it having backlight issues. I can now confirm that the alarm feature is now working properly, I guess I just received defective phone on multiple levels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel