Do you miss glance in everyday use?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought I would.... After living with the ICON for a while after the 928, it's just as easy as hitting the power button 2 times (one to turn on to see time/notifications and turn back off)...I actually get more information that I did with Glance....

Would it be nice, sure but, deal breaker ? No way....

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought I would.... After living with the ICON for a while after the 928, it's just as easy as hitting the power button 2 times (one to turn on to see time/notifications and turn back off)...I actually get more information that I did with Glance....

Would it be nice, sure but, deal breaker ? No way....

One reason I would like double tap to wake is to save wear and tear on the power button (plus it's so intuitive, and works fine on my 520 and 928). Of course, I doubt I'll be getting around to it anytime soon, since it seems like they will be tying it all in with the 8.1/Cyan update.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
One reason I would like double tap to wake is to save wear and tear on the power button (plus it's so intuitive, and works fine on my 520 and 928). Of course, I doubt I'll be getting around to it anytime soon, since it seems like they will be tying it all in with the 8.1/Cyan update.

Yea but, it claims that it eats up battery quicker....With the heat problem and ok battery life on the DP, I would not risk shorting out the battery more..

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The Icon definitely runs warmer than my 928, and battery life is thus far quite unremarkable. If I hadn't been able to upgrade free and keep my unlimited data I would have just stayed with my 928.

Fwiw, after the initial teething problems with Glance on the 928 (if I recall, you had some as well), it has worked basically flawlessly since then for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria