Does anyone know how it works to replace a phone via insurance?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Titan (the first one) that I have shattered the screen on. First, do you think insurance would cover that? Second, AT&T no longer sells the Titan. Do you think they would try to substitute something else? I wouldn't necessarily mind a substitute, but I would want to know what it is going to be before committing. I don't want to pay the $199 insurance fee for something I don't like.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Often damaged screens are not covered by insurance. You may have to fight with AT&T to avoid paying any fees. I've seen other posters that were able to get upgraded phones via their insurance but I don't know what the official policy is on that. I think it may just depend on the rep you talk too. And knowing AT&T, they'll probably send you a refub Titan before sending a brand new one.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Often damaged screens are not covered by insurance. You may have to fight with AT&T to avoid paying any fees. I've seen other posters that were able to get upgraded phones via their insurance but I don't know what the official policy is on that. I think it may just depend on the rep you talk too. And knowing AT&T, they'll probably send you a refub Titan before sending a brand new one.

I'd take a refurb. I just don't want to be told I have to pick from an "equivalent phone" and everything listed being crappy.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they still have stock of refurb titans. I have had a replacement due to a cracked screen before. Just complain that it messed up the touch responsiveness.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I shattered the screen on my OG Titan paid the $200 and got a replacement NIB Titan. That is most likely what you will get. If ATT doesn't have a Titan to replace yours they will only send you a device you agree apron. The person handling the claim will discuss the replacement with you. You could get a referbe that is a possibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans