Dual USB 12v Charger recommendation needed...

Deamion

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have 2x Nokia Lumia 620 phones that I want to charge while on a long road trip (Running GPS).
I need a dual USB port 12v charger that can charge both phones at full AC speeds.
I know the Nokia AC wall charger outputs 1.3 Amps, but I can only find dual 12v chargers that have one port at 1 Amp and the other port at 2.1 Amps.
The other thing is, I can't tell if the 2.1 Amp port is for a tablet only, or can I use it with my phone too. Most of the information I read tells me that the 2.1 Amp port is for Apple iPads and I also read that iPads use different circuitry than regular tablets/phones, so if the 2.1 Amp port supports iPads, then I guess it will not work with my phone. The 1 Amp port seems to be compatible with any phone (From what I read).

This is the item I'm looking at, but I can't tell if it's for one phone and one tablet, or will it charge two Lumia 620 phones at full AC speeds.
http://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Moto...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2449152

(Yes, I'm in Canada, so that will narrow down my options)

Thanks.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe you can charge your phone on a 2.1 Amp port. The phone will only draw the power it needs. And for the 1 Amp port, that will charge almost almost as fast as the 1.3 Amp port, so in conclusion, I think that charger looks fine :)

Deamion

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies.
@Guytronic = Good idea, I could use the 2.1 Amp USB port for one phone (Pulling 1.3 Amps), and the Nokia AC adapter in the AC port of this inverter for the other phone.
This option is not a clean an tidy as a dual 12v charger, but it would work, so I'll keep it in mind if I don't find a better option.

@Moiz = I agree it "should" work, but I was hoping to find a 12v charger that is able to output at least 1.3 Amps on each port, and is compatible with my Lumia 620.
My current 12v 1 Amp USB charger can't charge the phone and run the GPS. When I go for a long trip, the battery is at about the same level throughout the trip. That tells me that the GPS is using the battery as fast as the 1 Amp charger can charge the battery. Not bad, but I would like to top the phone up will driving, so it's fully charged when I get there.

I guess I could plug the phone running the GPS into the 2.1 Amp port, and the other into the 1 Amp port. Not the best solution, but I could live with that if I can't get 1.3 Amps from each port.

Thanks again to both of you for your reply. I should just buy one, and try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb