Edge browser problems???

gravesend60

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I have the Alcatel Idol4s and I seem to be having issues logging into my chase bank while using browser in mobile version. If I change to desktop version seems to go through.
Can MS seriously be sh*ting the bed with their own browser not working ???

That would be really pathetic of them.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Most likely it's just Chase Bank being another app to abandon the platform. That means that the W10M specific version of Edge can't be used properly, like you described. Yet the desktop non-W10M specific Edge works fine. The only way to fix this is to either accept what you have (because it won't change) or consider moving to Android or iOS.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have the Alcatel Idol4s and I seem to be having issues logging into my chase bank while using browser in mobile version. If I change to desktop version seems to go through.
Can MS seriously be sh*ting the bed with their own browser not working ???

That would be really pathetic of them.

It's the fault of chase bank not coding the web site properly, everyone is so quick to blame MSFT or edge browser lol...

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
It's the fault of chase bank not coding the web site properly, everyone is so quick to blame MSFT or edge browser lol...

Considering how Windows 10 Mobile evolved (for some) don't think the OP is unjustified in thinking their problem is on Microsoft's end.

Wasn't too long ago that I was finally able to browse some site that were unobtainable on Windows Mobile, tried umpteen different browser on the platform as well without any success. And no problem whatsoever on any other device or browser that wasn't Windows Mobile during that same period.

So yes it could be on Chase Bank's end but just as easily on Microsoft's too.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Considering how Windows 10 Mobile evolved (for some) don't think the OP is unjustified in thinking their problem is on Microsoft's end.

Wasn't too long ago that I was finally able to browse some site that were unobtainable on Windows Mobile, tried umpteen different browser on the platform as well without any success. And no problem whatsoever on any other device or browser that wasn't Windows Mobile during that same period.

So yes it could be on Chase Bank's end but just as easily on Microsoft's too.

do you not think that these websites that you were having problems in a "windows" device no matter what browser you were using, maybe favored android and safari? I have know many websites to do that, and I personally know some acquaintances who practice this all the time who are web masters and even I.T. dept ... makes me angry a bit to be honest... but thats the reality of it... seriously, you gotta stop blaming MSFT.. but I'm not naïve to think that MSFT doesn't have it's share of problems... I just know whats going on when it comes to browsing on windows mobile...

detmek

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
All browsers in Windows Store use Edge as engine, MS policy. So, if it doesn't work in Edge it won't work in any other browser.
And Edge for mobile only gets security fixes, no new features.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
do you not think that these websites that you were having problems in a "windows" device no matter what browser you were using, maybe favored android and safari? I have know many websites to do that, and I personally know some acquaintances who practice this all the time who are web masters and even I.T. dept ... makes me angry a bit to be honest... but thats the reality of it... seriously, you gotta stop blaming MSFT.. but I'm not naïve to think that MSFT doesn't have it's share of problems... I just know whats going on when it comes to browsing on windows mobile...

And what about Windows phone 8.1 which had IE as a browser, I don't recall having similar issues there at the time...

So Microsoft comes out with their new revolutionary browser for mobile (Edge) and now it's everyone else's fault because sites aren't being coded properly, favoring Android or Safari? Umm OK that makes perfect sense LOL.

And you're forgetting Microsoft made "their own bed" on the mobile front so they have to lie in it. And they're getting exactly what they deserve IMHO.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
All browsers in Windows Store use Edge as engine, MS policy. So, if it doesn't work in Edge it won't work in any other browser.
And Edge for mobile only gets security fixes, no new features.

Yes that's what I was implying in my post... Which is why another poster was saying he was having trouble with whatever browser he was using....

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
And what about Windows phone 8.1 which had IE as a browser, I don't recall having similar issues there at the time...

So Microsoft comes out with their new revolutionary browser for mobile (Edge) and now it's everyone else's fault because sites aren't being coded properly, favoring Android or Safari? Umm OK that makes perfect sense LOL.

And you're forgetting Microsoft made "their own bed" on the mobile front so they have to lie in it. And they're getting exactly what they deserve IMHO.

Again, you're proving my point, MSFT mobile browsers were more popular back then... Nowadays "Edge mobile" is the least popular and therefore now the least favorable and so web designers and I.T. dont code very well for Edge. So yes it makes very perfect sense... And like I've said I know PERSONALLY people who are doing this.... It's a fact you have to come to terms with...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

The Edge browser on W10M still really sux though compared to PC. I mean it works, but it still has a lot of rough edges. Not complaining though, I mean we get what we get until support officially ends later on...

detmek

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
They won't. Windows Mobile is discontinued. Only security updates, no new development and no new features.

It was one thing when MS published new versions but people were saying that W10M was dead. Now, MS itself stopped developing W10M. So, its dead, like it or not. And mobile Edge won't receive new fearures, just like W10M itself.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Again, you're proving my point, MSFT mobile browsers were more popular back then... Nowadays "Edge mobile" is the least popular and therefore now the least favorable and so web designers and I.T. dont code very well for Edge. So yes it makes very perfect sense... And like I've said I know PERSONALLY people who are doing this.... It's a fact you have to come to terms with...

Well it's kind of ironic you chose to fault "others" when Microsoft was the one late to the party designing their browser that deviates from the standard. Sure, designers/I.T. don't code well for Edge but does one blame them when Edge on mobile is the odd man out, and will no longer see new features.

Oh, and don't worry I've totally come to terms with it and was just pointing out a fact.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Well we're not discussing if they were late or if they were early, What we're discussing is that web pages aren't optimized for edge mobile browser... For whatever more reason that might be.... Also I'm just stating facts too... ??????

detmek

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Too bad MS didn't allow browsers with other engines in store. Maybe we would have Chrome or Firefox, or browsers based on their engines. This way they stopped developing mobile Edge so every other browser won't work if edge doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb