Elite x3 freezes every text

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Another thought...Did you call AT&T and have them register the imei of that x3 to your phone number/account?

hmm, I did not. I didn't know that was a thing and I would have thought that someone at the AT&T store would have said something when I brought it in for a new SIM. I will call today and see if that helps.

edit: tried activating online but it says that my phone is already activated for a Nokia 830... I've never owned that phone model. I will have to call later.

As of this morning, the phone hasn't frozen once! So good news there. Only thing was the fingerprint scanner stopped working from a lockscreen. I had to turn the lock screen on and then press it. Usually it accepted my print from lock and opened the phone. A simple off/on (not soft reset) fixed that.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
hmm, I did not. I didn't know that was a thing and I would have thought that someone at the AT&T store would have said something when I brought it in for a new SIM. I will call today and see if that helps.

edit: tried activating online but it says that my phone is already activated for a Nokia 830... I've never owned that phone model. I will have to call later.

As of this morning, the phone hasn't frozen once! So good news there. Only thing was the fingerprint scanner stopped working from a lockscreen. I had to turn the lock screen on and then press it. Usually it accepted my print from lock and opened the phone. A simple off/on (not soft reset) fixed that.
Ya mine showed the 830 for a while, but I owned one on my account. Now it shows an iPhone 6 (last one I used). Not sure the imei registration on the backend is necessary or not.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I finally had to take out my sd card and disable Hello. Immediately after doing those things the device was able to boot without freezing after 30 seconds.

Before doing that, it was freezing up on a black screen. When attempting to reboot, 75% of the time it would just freeze on a black screen or on the lock screen. It wasn't the exact same continuous rebooting I was experiencing before though. This is on RS1 (Release Preview), so I'm getting really concerned about this device's stability

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
On my third device and I'm still having this issue. I wiped my phone and started fresh, now Cortana doesn't work. It says I'm offline when I'm clearly not because my data is working. This has been such a frustrating experience.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
If you use SD remove it, there's something dodgy about it, SW or HW-wise. After I did that everything started working well. I wanted to write 'perfectly', but that would be pushing it. Eventually I found out that if I used SD only for the data and not for installing apps, the phone remained stable. I'd say the phone keeps doing something with the card periodically and failing, when it is used for the apps. This must be a nightmare situation for HP, I went through several smartphones, mostly WP, but I never had had this sort of problems I had with x3.

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Wiped my phone once again. Cortana is now working, the phone didn't freeze for about two days and then it started happening again whenever I receive text messages.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Good. I forgot to mention in this thread but HP confirmed there is an issue with the sim tray (something to do with the size when it was milled). They are replacing sim trays for devices exhibiting rebooting and sd issues. I had to get my entire device replaced because it managed to get into an unrecoverable state. I've been using the new device for over a week and haven't had a single reboot.

I'll be putting my SD card back into the device today to see if that remains true. Best of luck with your new device!

Last edited:

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe it but I'm still having this issue. HP has yet to send me another device. This has been such a terrible experience. I'm starting to wonder at what point do I just give up and finally switch over to another OS. :S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony@Barrnett