Error 0x80070490 with Windows 10 (Surface Pro 3)

raztamoket

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm currently using 3 devices (Win10) and 1 Windows Phone 8.1 and the problem is occurring in all Windows 10 devices, when I use the mail and people apps. In the mail app, the error always occur when I try to sync manually my inbox (note: even with the error pop-up message, the app syncs up properly). In the people app, I don't get any error/pop-up message when I try to sync up, but my account is always in a "attention required" state.

Curiously, it seems that even with the error, both mail and people apps are working and syncing properly with all my accounts. For example, I tried to create a contact in my Windows Phone and it syncs up nicely to all my devices. The error only occurs when I force a manual synchronization of my main Microsoft account, in both apps on Windows 10.
If I disconnect my Microsoft account in one of the devices and start using a local account, I don't have any errors or issues using both apps, which takes me to the following question:

Is there a way to check / verify a Microsoft account integrity / settings? Maybe this has something to do with broken connections or settings (linked accounts, old facebook connector) affecting my Microsoft account? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

shekels

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I just checked it on my laptop (Windows 10) and phone (WP 8.1) and the same issue happens. Maybe it's a issue with the different services integration. The odd thing is that the mail app syncs properly doing a manual sync, but it still pops out the error.

Jagadeeshvanum

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I too get the same error on my windows phone 10 preview. But I have no problem on my laptop. It seems to be a widespread problem without any fix from Microsoft.

Last edited:

Dan Revell

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Can confirm that I get the same issue. Actually I was getting a different error but tried a fix of deleting the comm folder within userprofile/local. That has now revealed this error whenever I try to add an account within the mail app.