Error code: 86000C2A Lumia 920

Tronberry

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've recently started getting this error message when trying to connect to my work's exchange server for outlook mail:

wp_ss_20130906_0001.png

I talked to my IT guy and he says no changes to the ActiveSync Group Policies have been made. I can't figure out why I'm getting this error. It seems that only Windows Phones are getting the error message, and iPhones/Androids/BB are fine. So, making a case to do something with IT is fairly low at this point. Has anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it?

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You may need to ask your Exchange administrator if software-based encryption devices to be allowed have been changed. Your policies may be disallowing you to connect because your phone doesn't support the type of encryption enforced.

Tronberry

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That looks to be the case. The phones, tablets, laptops, etc. that use this exchange server are mostly doctors, nurses, and NPs, so apparently that has to be turned on for HIPPA. It's a bummer, but it looks like I won't get to use work email on my phone anymore while this policy is active.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes