External Audio DAC support from USB OTG?

jasonxz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently put an Audison Bit One in my car with the hopes of being able to connect my Lumia 950 to the Optical Toslink input. I have a USB Type C to HDMI cable hooked into an HDMI to Optical Toslink converter. Why they couldn't have just put a USB input on the darn thing, IDK.
Anyways....I plugged my 950 into my Elite A/V receiver at home, using the USB-HDMI cable, and was able to play audio through it fine. But I'm struggling with the Bit One.
My 950 recognizes the Bit One as a "Generic PnP Monitor" and, in the "Connect" window, allows me to tap the "Generic PnP Monitor" but nothing appears to happen.
Any advice?

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it doesn't like the second conversion of audio from the HDMI path. Try doing an HDMI to coaxial and see if that works for you.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't see why not. I have tried a bus powered Dac (Centrance dacport slim) and a battery powered dac (Centrance Dacportable) and they both work fine. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug it but it works in the end. If you buy the Fiios product from Amazon they usually have good return policies.

Cyril Richard

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Don't see why not. I have tried a bus powered Dac (Centrance dacport slim) and a battery powered dac (Centrance Dacportable) and they both work fine. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug it but it works in the end. If you buy the Fiios product from Amazon they usually have good return policies.

Thanks. I'm also interested in Fiio products, in that case especially the K1. I need portability in particular, and I wouldn't mind bypassing the dac/amp of my Lumia 950 (to be faut I don't know if they're bad but I guess a dedicated solution will be better). I feel my Final Audio Design Heaven II would appreciate a better amp.

Back to the K1...it seems it should work on 950 as it is UAC 1. In terms of cables, I'm not sure I understand. Do I just need a dongle usb C to micro USB and then I use the cable provides in the Fiio box? Do I need any specific dongle/cable (OTG/non-OTG/...) ?

Thanks for the help.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have done both. I have used usb c (l950xl side) to usb A female dongle and a normal usb to micro usb cable for the DAC. I now use a short usb c to micro usb cable and both products work fine.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this would count but I have been able to also plug the jlab audio X-BASS PORTABLE USB SPEAKER with a usb c OTG cable. works like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen