Facebook contact picture not updating

pc_0317

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: After reading through this thread I went back to FB, clicked on my profile picture (that I could not get to update on my phone) and chose to make it my profile picture AGAIN. (I then hid it from my timeline so my friends wouldn't think I was crazy lol). I then went to my phone and synced the FB data (through settings on your contact page) and it updated my picture, finally. I also had the two contacts that I could not get their updated pics on my phone to do this to their profile picture on FB, and their pictures are now showing the correct pictures on my phone. Be sure to sync your FB data after they do this...hope this works for others.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: After reading through this thread I went back to FB, clicked on my profile picture (that I could not get to update on my phone) and chose to make it my profile picture AGAIN. (I then hid it from my timeline so my friends wouldn't think I was crazy lol). I then went to my phone and synced the FB data (through settings on your contact page) and it updated my picture, finally. I also had the two contacts that I could not get their updated pics on my phone to do this to their profile picture on FB, and their pictures are now showing the correct pictures on my phone. Be sure to sync your FB data after they do this...hope this works for others.

With all due respect, that solution is a little heavy and unproductive as you then become a burden to every single person in your contacts using FB. For example, I myself have about 100-200+ (never counted) hundred range in FB contacts and I'm not about to ask every single one to go out of their way so that my phone can simply display some image. 90% of those contacts will think I'm nuts without even properly understanding my reasoning. I say "with all due respect" though as any attempt to brain storm the problem is better than no attempt :)

MS simply needs to update an API and *poof*....no one is a burden to their friends.

jdkuipers

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
All - I just now resolved this issue by deleting my Facebook account, then powering down my phone, then re-adding my Facebook account. Pictures are now updating! For reference, I have an HTC 8X on Verizon and I recently updated to GDR3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss