Faulty 650?

seanlacey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I know the Windows OS is dodgy but I have a feeling my phone has something more wrong with it.

Some of my issues
Groove often closes randomly, sometime causing a restart, particularly bad using Bluetooth audio.
Other times Groove becomes unstable and wont play anything and tells me restart.
Other apps closes randomly - games, onedrive
Returning to start screen often causes "resuming" and can sometimes take 5-10 seconds
Sometimes on a restart apps on sd card take a long time to activate "they are greyed out", other times need to reset again to get them back
Battery can sometimes discharge very quickly

I have tried all Insider rings, hard and soft resets. My firmware still hasn't been updated to the version with DDTW.

Any opinions, I think there is something wrong with it?
Thanks

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It appears from your description, you have a bad phone. I own a 650 as well and I do see the resuming when going from app to app or when I boot up. This phone has a lower level processor and is not as fast as say the 950. It's a good little phone but just maybe the expectations are a little high. I would take it to the place you purchased it and see if it can be exchanged. If you can't do that, contact MS customer support and see what they offer. Sorry for your problems and good luck getting it fixed.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps your sdcard is the problem? Try to keep your apps on internal memory and your music, videos an pictures on your sdcard. My experience is that some apps dont cooperate well with sdcards, which causes them to crash (like facebook).

atomicadam13

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
hi, I have had this issue too, over several recent builds of win 10, hard resets make little or no difference ( just cause frustration re-installing everything). I love this phone and for the cost it is awesome really but it is not well spec. to do everything we all want it too ! I have learned to live with it , I just bought a new battery as mine switches off , random, when I spoke to ms-uk about groove and headsets they suggested wireless !! so I am going to save for a 950 xl even if its not as sexy looking as my 650 , so for sure change your mindset ! that's what I did ! expect it to make phone calls and send emails and look nicer than an "I" lol, I had no camera issues and the Quality of the pic are terrific for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen