First Impressions on Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I s'pose it depends on the game. I was quite content with my SP1 playing through Borderlands 2, but then again, I couldn't turn on all the eye candy.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't mean to derail the topic but does the SP3 come with a type of video card and can it handle 1080p @ 60 FPS gaming.

It's NOT a gaming device by any means. It won't have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking for one a gaming laptop would be way better.

dhaoracle

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
That's how you feel, but did you purchase a Surface Pro 2? :smile:

Why shold I have to? I've used one extensively and always wanted it to be bigger than 10". Why? Cause for one it was a pro which should have been differentiated from the RT & other tablets from day one and two for better producitivity. This just proves that. I just hopes that Microsoft will now move in a direction of setting the bar instead of reaching for it.

As great and awesome as this tablet is and will be I just believe that it should have been this way from day one with the differentiation not only in power but size as well. Yes they didn't have the market to really do that but the progress would have been much further than it is now. I see a bright future for the new CEO.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That's how you feel, but did you purchase a Surface Pro 2? :smile:

Yeah, I don't really agree with him. I have an SP2 and I am a power user (developer). In fact the bigger size is the only reason I am not sure if I want to sell my SP2 and get an SP3.

Just goes to show that everyone has different taste.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
That type cover palette is fantastic. I mean, literally EVERY colour is gorgeous. Those are the shades the Lumia 930 should be offered in.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Before I am to make any judgment on the sp3 I need more info. We already see people complain about the wacom thing. BUT I need to know things like what models of the processors are used? WHAT are the ssd specs? WHAT are the ram specs? Especially for the high end i7 price I expect these items to be top end. But that's just me. To little of actual info is known so far.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have Surface Pro 2 (2nd to top model, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM) and I love it. I use it every single day at work even though it's my own personal device and I get some time on it most nights as well.

It's powerful enough to handle visual studio so I can write and run code on it. If all I wanted was a web-browser/document writer I could probably limp by with an iPad or something,. Surface Pro 2 is not only a replacement for my laptop, but it has equal specs and a much more desireable form factor. I can carry it around like a notebook, but it has a touch-screen, pen and ways almost nothing. It takes up almost no space on a crowded table in meetings.

Surface Pro 3 looks awesome, but I feel no envy. This is the way tech devices work. The very second you buy something it is on the verge of being rendered obsolete by a new model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire