From HTC 8S to 8X

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys

We all know how things stands for HTC 8S, no further updates, no further support etc.

I wanted to replace my 8S with 8X but I don't know how far will it go with updates after official 8.1 is released. Will 8X get 8.1.1 update or any next one, does anyone knows?

Btw don't ask questions like "Why don't you go with Lumia devices?" I don't want to go with Nokia phones just because they don't have Beats audio amplifiers, simple as that.

raptr569

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
You're probably better off getting the new One (M8).

As for the beats audio amp, it doesn't have it but does have an HTC active amp. Beats audio isn't all that so I wouldn't worry about not having it.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Seem as the 8s and 8x came out at the same time, I wouldn't expect HTC to support the x much longer either.
There'll not be that many people left using them (in the grand scheme of things) to warrant updating them much longer.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You're probably better off getting the new One (M8).

As for the beats audio amp, it doesn't have it but does have an HTC active amp. Beats audio isn't all that so I wouldn't worry about not having it.

Since I'm from Serbia I know that M8 isn't coming to our market in next 6 months or more. And those phones are EXPENSIVE here...

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Seem as the 8s and 8x came out at the same time, I wouldn't expect HTC to support the x much longer either.
There'll not be that many people left using them (in the grand scheme of things) to warrant updating them much longer.

I don't know what to say. HTC 8X is just between Lumia 820 and Lumia 925 by specs. I hope it will get further updates, there's no reason for not getting them ...

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It has been officially confirmed that 8S will receive WP8.1.

It's also been confirmed that 8X will official receive 8.1.1, so by all means it's on mainstream support.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
It has been officially confirmed that 8S will receive WP8.1.

It's also been confirmed that 8X will official receive 8.1.1, so by all means it's on mainstream support.

That's strange. Where are those official announcements? I talked with HTC UK support team several times and they told me that 8S is not getting 8.1 due low hardware specs, and for the 8X they told me to keep a look on their website for update info..

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
HTC is rather shy about support for the 8x/8xt. It seems they want to just forget about them. I wouldn't recommend trusting HTC to support such an old device.

Also, beats is pretty useless. I actually turn it off because it tends to ruin the sound quality. It just muffles everything but the bass.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
8X is a great device and is already running WP8.1 via Developer Preview. I think there is a good chance it will get upgraded to WP8.1.1, timeline is unknown though. Used ones on eBay are quite cheap these days...

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
get a lumia 925 its great as the 8x

925 is definitely the most beautiful Lumia device on market but it doesn't have loud music output through headphones (I mean none of the Lumias has) like the 8x has. So that's my main priority. Loud Sound and Booming Bass!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Get a new mid range device.

​In 5 hours they will unveil the new 830 and 730. Both are with almost identical specs with the 8X and more!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It seems as though sometimes we miss the point. You want a HTC, not a Lumia.

Depending on what you can budget for, I see zero incentive to stay on the 8S and no reason to not get the 8X. You will at least get the 8.1 on the international version of the 8X according to what you have learned, so you are ahead to get one. As for future support? Hey, you KNOW the 8S is at the end of life for support, so I would say grab a 8X and worry about the future support in the future.

In a year, the M8 will have begun to drop in price to where you can grab one of those Bass-Booming-Bad-Boys. Until then, you at least have WP 8.1 on a Beats-Bass-Booming-Bad-Boy.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
get a lumia 925 its great as the 8x
Get a new mid range device.
In 5 hours they will unveil the new 830 and 730. Both are with almost identical specs with the 8X and more!

Hello guys
Btw don't ask questions like "Why don't you go with Lumia devices?" I don't want to go with Nokia phones just because they don't have Beats audio amplifiers, simple as that.

That was in the OP! He clearly explained why he doesn't want that option so suggesting it is futile, no? (But to your credit, neither of you "asked" anything)

I have an HTC 8X also and I just email and tweet them about it. To answer your question, yes, according to HTC the 8X will get it, and according to Microsoft the update is "paused" at the moment.

I'll keep bugging them until they respond with something other than silence. I don't expect you to bombard them like I am, but please send them at least one message via twitter or email asking for an update on Update 1.

https://twitter.com/HTCUSA
https://twitter.com/htc_uk
Contact Us - EMAIL SUPPORT

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I miss the Beats Audio in my 8x as well. Definitely the thing I hate about each of the Lumias I've used is the incredibly weak music playback. Get the 8x, better support, better screen, more features, and Beats Audio is still present!

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I just got HTC 8x few hours ago and it feels great, running smooth, fast, camera is great and this HD display is awesome compared to my ex phone 8s.

8x is currently running on Windows Phone 8 OS, and I'm thinking to update it to 8.1 via dev preview program.

So is anybody facing any troubles with 8.1 on their DP 8x? Maybe some camera problems or battery issues?

Please inform me..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo