Get Windows 10 through Upgrade Advisor (X150q Americas Variant)

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine was stuck on .71 so I changed it to Production last night. Manually had it check for updates just now after coming home from work and it's downloading .164.

Mike Caruso

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
So it looks like it was indeed Bluetooth that sucked the life out of the battery.

Turning off BT cooled the phone right down and stopped the crazy battery drain.

So in my case it may have been BT in combination with a Microsoft Band2 and their communication, or it was just the BT .... don't know for sure, but better that folks know there is an issue ...

Already reported via MS feedback forum.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I only got mine to update to .164 after opting 'in' to the Insider, then checking for updates <nothing>. Then I went back into Insider and opted for 'Production' then checked for updates and .164 came after a few tries of checking for updates.

Yeah :(

Edit: After 1hr and 10-15 search for updates .164 finally appears!!! Thx for your help! :)

Ha! Sounds about right...I think the servers are just swamped.

I think swamped servers is right.

I started my BLU upgrading after midnight here so 1AM east of me, 11PM west.

Upgraded to 10586.107 with no issue and minimum wait. Setup as generic user not signed in on Msft Acct. Updated to .164 right away. Factory Reset and back in the box to sell.

Easy peasy on my end.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Once I noticed my BLU WIN HD LTE was on the eligible list, I installed the update adviser app, went through the checks, and the phone is now installing the software update, I believe
10586.164. Since it will leave me without a phone for the time it takes to upgrade, I powered off the phone and removed the SIM card, then Placed it in my Nokia 520 , insider phone.. I
won't be left without a phone in case of an emergency. The BLU
phone is not installing the build. After the build installs on the BLU phone, according to Windows Central app updates will be
coming to the phone, don't know how long that's going to take.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Once I noticed my BLU WIN HD LTE was on the eligible list, I installed the update adviser app, went through the checks, and the phone is now installing the software update, I believe
10586.164. Since it will leave me without a phone for the time it takes to upgrade, I powered off the phone and removed the SIM card, then Placed it in my Nokia 520 , insider phone.. I
won't be left without a phone in case of an emergency. The BLU
phone is not installing the build. After the build installs on the BLU phone, according to Windows Central app updates will be
coming to the phone, don't know how long that's going to take.

You do have to check the store to see if there are any updates. This was something I noticed with newer builds. Sometimes the updates won't install.

Now the Windows Central app has 2 versions: 8.1 and 10. So if you want to use the Windows 10 version you have to install it from the store. The 8.1 app doesn't update to the 10 app.

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
downloaded and running fine, only two things battery life is short after 8hours of moderate use battery was at 40%, and second is more of a question really has any one been able to figure out how to enable "hey, Cortana" or even if it's available.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Any Good Luck for the European Version of BLU WIN HD LTE??
How many days more to wait?
#frustated

Me too. Send an e-mail to the BLU regarding this issue. In reply they said that there is no communication from microsoft regarding the update and once it will available it will directly come through FOTA. So till now we just have nothing but to wait.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
downloaded and running fine, only two things battery life is short after 8hours of moderate use battery was at 40%, and second is more of a question really has any one been able to figure out how to enable "hey, Cortana" or even if it's available.
No, it was the same for 8.1. "Hey Cortana" was never enabled for the BLU WIN HD LTE. It's a battery drain on my Laptop anyway, I assume it would be similar on the phone.

You can Hold the "Search Key" while it's on the locked screen to get her though.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
My BLU WIN HD LTE was just upgraded to Windows 10 , through the APP Adviser, Cortana is working, however with the volume at 10, I can just barely hear it. The phones volume was louder, when on 8.1.
It works fine with the ear phones.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My BLU WIN HD LTE was just upgraded to Windows 10 , through the APP Adviser, Cortana is working, however with the volume at 10, I can just barely hear it. The phones volume was louder, when on 8.1.
It works fine with the ear phones.

No volume difference between our 2...on running 8.1 still, one on WM10.

hahaman

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Me too. Send an e-mail to the BLU regarding this issue. In reply they said that there is no communication from microsoft regarding the update and once it will available it will directly come through FOTA. So till now we just have nothing but to wait.
any update regarding this?? i am frustrated of waiting

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
any update regarding this?? i am frustrated of waiting
Yes here is the reply from Blu Products:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BLU Support.

This is with reference to your e-mail related to Windows 10 update in your phone.

We would like to confirm that our respective department is taking care of below mentioned issue , however it require some more time.

You have our assurance that the matter is receiving our full attention that we are making every effort to resolve the problem. We appreciate your time and patience.

Our primary objective is to address your concerns at the earliest and to ensure satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards,

BLU Support

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes here is the reply from Blu Products:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BLU Support.
This is with reference to your e-mail related to Windows 10 update in your phone.
We would like to confirm that our respective department is taking care of below mentioned issue , however it require some more time.
You have our assurance that the matter is receiving our full attention that we are making every effort to resolve the problem. We appreciate your time and patience.
Our primary objective is to address your concerns at the earliest and to ensure satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards,
BLU Support

If you guys are reading all the threads in this this forum, you'll see where another user got a more complete answer from Blu...they're temporarily holding the upgrade back do to issues.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any indication as to what these bugs involve?

Yeah, who knows...my upgrade, while successful, didn't truly work right until I did a hard reset today. (I never had the people list on the left side of my messages app when viewing text messages until today.) Just a lot of weirdness for me.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Successfully updated my BLU WIN HD LTE (Canada) x150q version.

1. You have to get the Upgrade Advisor App manually from any of the browser links. Open it up in the Store App and then install it. Open the App, and click "Check Update". It'll tell you an update is available for your phone and you'll have to click the "Enable" checkbox to allow your phone to get it.
  2. Then go to the Settings > Update on your phone, and it'll tell you an Update is available. Click Update. It'll "Download" and "Prepare" the update for like 10-15min.
  3. It'll restart the phone, and go into the "Gears" spinning for about 25m.
  4. It'll restart again, and show the BLU initial screen, then restart again, and show the BLU initial screen again and go into an "Almost Done..." window where it says migrating your data for about 10m.
  5. Your phone will start into Windows 10 Mobile for the first time! The About window states you'll have OS Build: 10.0.10586.107.
  6. You will want to go to Setting > Update again and check for Updates. It'll say there is another update to update you to 10.0.10586.164. Once you search for Updates, it'll automatically start downloading it saying "This update can help make your phone work even better". It'll "Download" this second update and "Prepare" for about 15-20mins.
  7. It'll say a restart has been scheduled for you phone. Click the "Restart now" button.
  8. It'll restart the phone, and go into the "Gears" spinning again for about 20m.
  9. It'll go into the "Almost Done..." window where it says migrating your data for about 10m again...
  10. Your phone will start into Windows 10 Mobile for the second time! The About window states you'll have OS Build: 10.0.10586.164. Go and check for "Updates" one last time to confirm you have all the latest updates.
  11. After you are on the latest OS Build, go to the Store App, click the "Check for Updates" inside the Store App and update all the Apps. (After a "Clean Reset", I had 27 App updates to perform).
And about 2h from the start of the process, you'll have Windows 10 Mobile, version 10.0.10586.164 on your BLU WIN HD LTE.

Initial Impressions... everything seems very snappy and smooth. I'm liking it. Playing with the Settings now.

NOTE: After the upgrade some of my settings were messed up a bit (like brightness and such). I did a factory reset after I was on the latest Windows 10 Mobile version. Go to SYSTEM > ABOUT > RESET YOUR PHONE to wipe everything and start from a "clean" Windows 10 Mobile state. If you do Reset your phone, it'll do one last restart into the "Gears" screen and take about 10m. Then it'll start into the initial W10M Setup Wizard. If you do this, and can't log into your microsoft account, try to type the ".com" out manually, and don't use the ".com" button from the keyboard. This caused issues with me not being able to login. After your Clean Reset go to the Store App and search for Updates. I had 27 App updates after a Clean Reset.

NOTE: I was able to get the .164 update without going into any Insider Ring or anything. I am not a member of the Insider Program.

Thanks for this post. This is what I did and now I have Windows Mobile 10 running quite nicely on my BLU Win HD LTE. So far so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria