Getting back from RedStone to 8.1

DzieX

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've forced upgrade my Lumia 830 to Redsone by using this method from nokiapoweruser.
Everyting worked fine but I decide to get back to 8.1 to test new .122 build. Unfortunatelly when I try to do it by WDRT after tool trys to switch my phone into flash mode error appears. I can see flash icon for a few second and after that windows starts to load. I've tried to use different PC, different usb cables and different usb ports with no result. I've also tried to use Nokia Care Suite (newest version) but it claims that this model is not supported (RM-984).
Does anyone has idea what to do?

Best Regards.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've forced upgrade my Lumia 830 to Redsone by using this method from nokiapoweruser.
Everyting worked fine but I decides to get back to 8.1 to test new .122 build. Unfortunatelly when I try to do it by WDRT after tool trys to switch my phone into flash mode error appears. I can see flash icon for a few second and after that windows starts to load. I've tried to use different PC, different usb cables and different usb ports with no result. I've also tried to use Nokia Care Suite (newest version) but it claims that this model is not supported (RM-984).
Does anyone has idea what to do?

Best Regards.

you have crapped your registry. the changes you made to your registr in order to install redstone you got to fix them or your phone is dead. lol

DzieX

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My phone isn't dead. It works on build 10.0.14267.1004. Does Hard Reset restore registry as it was or should I do it manually?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Select the cannot detect device option in WDRT and flash. I've reverted my 640 using that method though it never gave me an error to begin with.

Yes and hard reset does reset the registry.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess your only last try would be to perform a dead flash using Nokia Product Support Tool. Try an old version and select the product from the drop down. You'll have to first download the appropriate firmware from some place else or use the firmware downloaded using WDRT.

DzieX

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
You mean Nokia Care Suite? I have version 5.6.134.1513 and it seems it does not support this device. Which version do you suggest? I tried to find older, but found nothing.

DzieX

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so for anyone with this problem in future - use nokia care suite 5.3.112. You can get your software from lumiafirmware.com

Last edited:

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you load the firmware into NCS? Can you please do a step by step. I have installed the version you mentioned.
I have downloaded all the files from lumiafirmware.com.
Lumia 1020 stuck on red Nokia recovery screen (flash, maybe)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte