Going from a Lumia 720 to 925 with WP8.1

jfivieght

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My quick impressions after spending a month deciding whether to move to a Lumia 730, 830, 930 or 925. I'm on T-Mobile.

Things you gain:
way better screen
slightly slimmer
way better camera
way snappier with WP8.1
premium feel
4G if you get the white T-Mobile version (I got the black unlocked version with only HSPDA and HSPDA+ same as 720)
glance and double tap to wake support (same as 720)

Things you lose:
long battery life
sd card slot and expandable storage
louder speaker
micro-usb location on the bottom (its on top on the 925)

On a side note, so far I have lost the ability to edit my photos from Blink, Photosynth, etc. when copying my photos over.

Last edited:

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
nice to see that you enjoyed your upgrade! 925 is still a very solid device and it still can offer a satisfactory WP experience. One of the best-looking phones ever to me! I do prefer usb to be located on the bottom too (it's better aesthetically and feels more comfortable when using while charging), but i guess we can't have everything, right? :confused:

btw, try comparing its screen to another phone and you'll see how good it is, especially the viewing angles. Amoled is just great for Glance screen. Just be aware of the burn-in risk

upgrading to this beauty made me want them to create the 935: a slimmer version of the 930 with Glance screen and sd expansion :love:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah that's a nice comparison.
I've actually been contemplating a 920 to 720 switch for battery life and the smaller stature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wolkoxzz