Google demands removal of Youtube app!?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Some good news for you folks, Google is granting the API's so you'll be updated to the ad enabled app once ms makes the changes and it'll all be official

Just to avoid getting into the habit of agreeing with you too often, I'll take the opposing view and suggest we wait and see what the resulting app looks like. I think this could still go either way. ;-)

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just to avoid getting into the habit of agreeing with you too often, I'll take the opposing view and suggest we wait and see what the resulting app looks like. I think this could still go either way. ;-)

True, I think another concern would be how often it's kept updated. Even the YouTube app on Android has never been stellar. Want to see irony? I often end up having to watch YouTube on my phone's browser because the videos stall in the app. On an android phone. On a Google nexus android phone.
:banghead:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
True, I think another concern would be how often it's kept updated. Even the YouTube app on Android has never been stellar. Want to see irony? I often end up having to watch YouTube on my phone's browser because the videos stall in the app. On an android phone. On a Google nexus android phone.

I almost had to sue you from beyond the grave for that, because of death by laughter. :p That is just such delicious irony. But if it's something that breaks on all phones then yeah, I guess we can't go around pointing fingers.

Jay_P_Harris

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

The reason for the buffering of YT videos on Android platforms is because of the common issue if WIFI/Data signal dropping, and the uploader's kbps issue. The issue is with the OEM, not the mobile OS as I've had buffering issues on my WP device through YT, and MetroTube.

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google sends C&D notice to Microsoft over youtube app

What on earth was Microsoft thinking? Disabling ads not only means you're denying Google of their rightful revenue, since it's their service, but you're also denying income to those that make a living off of their YouTube videos. Seriously Microsoft?!

Microsoft uses m.google.com to get the content... m.google.com doesn't display ads. There are no ads to block...

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The reason for the buffering of YT videos on Android platforms is because of the common issue if WIFI/Data signal dropping, and the uploader's kbps issue. The issue is with the OEM, not the mobile OS as I've had buffering issues on my WP device through YT, and MetroTube.

The issue is with the YouTube app itself on android, it's a frequently mentioned known issue. I wasn't blaming the OS or phone, I was just pointing out the humorous irony of an app made by Google doing this on an OS made by Google on a phone made by Google ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire