Got an iPhone 7 plus and returned after 1 week

bicubu

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I m a window phone die hard fan since wp7. Then I gave iPhone 7 plus a try to see how its. Imo the camera it isn't good as it advertise. It is worst than my Lumia 950xl. The iOS is outdated and I don't like how it feel compare to wp. The iPhone is over price IMO. I don't care about app much so the app gap is not a problem to me but iOS apps are more polish then wp app. I like finger print over iris scan. With finger prints u can access your apps so make it very useful. But I missed my window phone the whole time I use iPhone and I told myself I will never switch again unless wp die. This is just my opinion, for me window phone it is easy to use and the live tile give me more info that iPhone can't. I hope surface phone will come out soon bz I ll be the 1st one to buy.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back, it's good that you tried it! I think sometimes it helps to try the other side(s) to see how much you can or cannot tolerate something.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
By the way, how's the battery life on the iPhone 7 Plus? I heard that it's beyond amazing. Personally, my battery my battery life on the iPhone 6s Plus is better than my Lumia, but that's to be expected (Lumia has higher resolution and IOS is very good at conserving battery life... or so I think.)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 7 plus and the Lumia 950 XL, both cameras are equally good. The Lumia has less saturated photos and the iPhone 7 plus takes very good photos. The iPhone 7 plus is a much better phone than the 950 XL, less bugs, it's more polished and the apps are simply better

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
By the way, how's the battery life on the iPhone 7 Plus? I heard that it's beyond amazing. Personally, my battery my battery life on the iPhone 6s Plus is better than my Lumia, but that's to be expected (Lumia has higher resolution and IOS is very good at conserving battery life... or so I think.)

It's crazy good, I used it moderately and after a 10 hour work day I average about 75% left by the end of the day, some days I am at 90% and the worst I had it was at 55% but I had a 5 hour conference call.

bicubu

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I think to be fair we need to compare 950xl with iPhone 6 plus not 7 but my 950xl photos come out still better than iPhone 7. I used my 950xl shooting my kids birthday and it did an amazing job.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Since I left my bb10 phones I've tired a lot of android phones. This list includes Bb priv, dtek50 and 60, Xperia X, LG g5 and google pixel. Lot of good hardware but can't use android..its too clumsy and like the Windows UI a lot better. Sold all of them except for the dtek60 but I still use Lumia 950 as my dd.

I hope Microsoft do release some new hardware or partner up with manufacturers for new devices on Windows. Hopefully the surface phone is real and released soon.

Sent from mTalk

Dune 74

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely compare the iPhone 7 series phones to the Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10. Battery life is exceptionally good on the Idol and last all day and then some. The UI is far better than the UI on the Iphone 7 which is simply boring and stagnant. The up for the iPhone 7 is It's water resistants rating but the down side is that the headphone jack has been removed. The Idol has better speakers, a head phone jack, supports quick charge 3.0, comes with VR goggles' (t-mobile bundle), and now comes unlocked allowing it to be used with other carriers. Oh, and there is continuum and the fluid UI of Windows 10. There is really no comparison. The Idol 4s is simpler a better phone although from a third-party hardware company and at a much cheaper price. I will always be a die hard WP fan. There is nothing on the market quite like it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05