Grainy pictures when using Smart Cam

neilrico

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just had my Lumia 925 less than a month ago, my first WP8 phone.

My concern is with the Nokia Smart Cam. Whether I'm using the preinstalled standalone app or via the Nokia Camera app, there's significant noise. Both the preview and the actual pictures are grainy.

What am I missing here?

When I use the Pro Cam or the native camera, the pictures are gorgeous. But all of the pictures I took using the Smart Cam aren't good enough.

neilrico

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone.

Does anyone know if this is really supposed to be a limitation of Smart Cam? Or will this be fixed in some future update?

ChimeraX73

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a limitation of burst shot modes on most cameras. I have a Sony which does it also. Something to do with a higher ISO setting to increase light sensitivity as the shutter speed is so much faster. The only way you can overcome it on something with a small lens is to make sure there is good lighting.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
In auto most cameras will crank up ISO (and thus sensitivity=grain) to compensate instead of having a long shutter time - which keeps the aperture open but increases blurriness. Smart Cam was only ever designed for well-lit conditions really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire