Green Screen When turning on camera

Gili73

May 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be related to myShopi.
I uninstalled the program, rebooted and problem solved.
It's not an issue with the Phone (mine is a HTC 8S), but with the application.

Claudia Martins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Brazilian Lumia 520. I didn't have the Amazon app installed. The problem seems to have started when I was trying to scan a bar code to install Mayhem. I removed the battery and reinserted it, and the problem seems to be fixed, at least for now. But it would be nice to have an official explanation...

EdSurly

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I just purchased Nokia 928's 6 days ago and yesterday I noticed this green screen problem when trying to take a picture. Glad I found this site, I figured I would have to return the phone, although I'm still considering it as it's ridiculous they haven't found a solution to this. On the other hand, I absolutely love this phone and would just get another 928 which would probably have the same problem at some point in the future. Maybe Windows Phone 8.1 will fix the software issue?

*I'm assuming it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This is known bug in Camera API. Every app, which use camera, can "make" this green screen. I hope this will be fixed in one of the next OS updates. Don't blame developers of applications :)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
obviously rando is the problem here. have the same problem. already dropped some feedback to the rando mail but didnt get any reply. lets hope he fixes the app soon :)

Craigfza2

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

Yup this happened to me too today. Thought it was some sort of software issue and that I might have to hard reset the phone. Thanks goodness I found this thread and just a normal soft reset did the trick. While I do not have the Amazon or PhotoSynth apps, I remember trying out the Store Card Buddy app last night, which also scans barcodes. So I guess it is definitely a software (app) issue.

I do have the Portico update installed, so let's hope the new GDR2 update can also sort out this problem. :smile:

ArdevDE

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
As a dev I can assure you, that this is a software-problem. And nothing too serious.
Tell your dev to
Code:
GC.Collect();
after he has finished using the Camera-API.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion