[Guide] How to update to 8.1.2.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Until I read your post, I never knew that a hard reset returns the registry back to the default values. :D

Not rude at all. It was my fault. I had this thread bookmarked for almost a year now however I should of checked out the newer posts before posting.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply though. I really appreciate it. :)

Sadly I'm still having issues with my ATIV S even after flashing and resetting the values. :(

After flashing my phone back to stock settings, I updated the phone all the way to the latest official 8.1 OS that Samsung has released thus far. While the constant "Mobile Operator" were no longer an issue, the battery life was terrible and I had to resort back to the registry hack in order to update back to 8.1 Update 2 (8.10.15137.148).

Unfortunately after the registry hack and update I'm back to constantly receiving 'Mobile Operator' messages. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? It's driving me crazy. :(

I've attached a screenshot to what I mean:

View attachment 122980

Here is a short suggestion about your problem:
- If you are using this phone as a primary phone then by all means, bring it back to the official WP8.1.1 with original registry values.
- Buy a new battery, maybe the ROM is not the problem anymore, maybe it is the battery. Sometimes flashing phone too many times it does impact the battery performance later. There are 9 euros original Samsung batteries with NFC on AliExpress. I did order one for me and it arrived in 3 weeks, I did test it and it is fine and the NFC is working (cuz as you know or not, the NFC for ATIV S is in the battery, not on the phone)
- Continue using your phone with WP8.1.1 official. I am still using it as my primary phone and there is nothing wrong with it. It does the job i needed from it as a charm.
- If you are eager to use W10M, then buy a W10M device, like the excellent Lumia 650. I myself am aiming to eather Jade Primo or HP Elite X3 when it comes out later this year :)

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Succesfully updated my ATIV S to 8.1.2, partially using the instructions in this forum. I started from 8.10.14219.341 with firmware 2424.15.3.2, didn't do any flashing or hard reset, just installed the registry editor and changed to the advised settings. At first it didn't find any updates, then I found in the 'Tweaks' menu of the registry editor that the 'Preview for developer builds' was still on, after switching that off the phone updated to 8.10.15137.148! I put back the original registry settings so the Samsung apps will keep working, below the result (still shows HIGHSCREEN, but after registry editing it is SAMSUNG again).

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 8

dmnmsc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Have successfully updated my ATIV S to 8.1.2. So far, I can confirm that Bluetooth keyboard support is not available. Perhaps a registry tweak will fix this?

Hey! Just want to say Bluetooth keyboard is working fine here. Just need to go to your phone settings > Bluetooth > enable. In your keyboard, enable Bluetooth, type the showed password in your Ativ and hit enter.

That's all. You can use your Bluetooth keyboard with your Ativ S.

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Is this still working? I tried it today on a Lumia 730 and it didn't find a new update. Maybe they changed it with the win10 rollout?

Ah found the bug. I had DevPreviewEnable = 1. With "0" it still works. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Is this still working? I tried it today on a Lumia 730 and it didn't find a new update. Maybe they changed it with the win10 rollout?

Ah found the bug. I had DevPreviewEnable = 1. With "0" it still works. :)

This is for the Samsung ATIV S i8750, dunno if it will work for Lumia models, but you can try and report later :)

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I got a Samsung Ativ S with 8.10.14219.341 and firmware 2424.15.3.2, I did all the steps. the problem is that the update is there, I can download but it can't be open. I got error: 80070002, does anyone got this problem before?. Any solution will be appreciated.

javgarcia

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I am a really newbie, but I tried anyway.
I'm happy to say that my AT&T Lumia 520 has windows 8.1 update 2 now. Thanks. I took all the files from the internet, it wasn't very hard to find but it would be better if them be all here.

jaNgamdurvaani

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
Do you remember what registry values you used while impersonating different devices?

I'm trying to update my Lumia 520.2 RM-915 (AT&T) above OS version 8.10.15137.148 upto whatever version it can take me. I see the last updates were in 8.10.15148.160; so at least upto that version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel