having some crashes with mango :(

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today, my focus with official mango, just reset all by itself after I sent a text message. So I decided to do a hard reset and see if that fixed it. After the hard reset it still crashed and reset by itself while browsing the web.

Anyone else having this issue?

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it too. Especially I will open an application and it seems to hang or something, then I'll see the samsung screen then the windows logo and I know then it did a reboot!! :( Only has been happening after I upgraded to the Mango!!

But I can deal because i am definitely getting a new wp7 phone when they finally release those!! :)

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, I am starting to consider other smartphones now, there is just so many bugs and annoyances that it's not worth putting up with. Not to mention battery life has been horrible since the mango update.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any auto reboots since the first mango beta. I've had them every once and while on NoDo and the first beta. I also have no problems with battery life.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
I've had my phone for 4 months or so and just today I had my first ever reboot...I had just closed the Marketplace and it happened...this is on the official Mango for Sprint Arrive...

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My Focus did this yesterday while trying to open Weave.

The battery also didn't last very long, but I think that's because I couldn't put my phone down.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate that some of you are having problems. So far I've had none on my trophy.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Same here, I hate reading that people are having problems with Mango and even considering other platform already :( I guess Microsoft was wise to release Mango by batches.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
haven't had a single crash or reboots...
Not with nodo, neither with Mango.. Even after I played with my phone all the time and install a million apps and games..

I did however had a couple of application crashed. But the OS still going strong..

So far been solid and smooth with my HTC HD7.
The only problem is the battery. But just like rpm5101, I too can't seem put my phone down..

Sorry to hear it happens to your Samsung..

My son is having a blast with bing Vision, he just points that camera everywhere...
Do you guys know that bing vision can even translate text? I didn't, my son discover that by himself. amazing.. (sorry, OOT)

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I had zero problems with 7720 on my focus, but now with mango on my Omnia my board express app keeps dying unexpectedly.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
No problems with my Focus, except that battery time has gone down a bit...Maybe because I've put a gazillion live tiles.

:D

I gotta control myself.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Zero resets -prior to or since. Same all-day battery life, except yesterday when I was playing with voice command, multi-tasking, the faster web and marketplace, updating and downloading apps, and all else.

BTW, 7720 is Mango.

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised to see all these problems. I ran 7712 for almost 3 months, never had a crash or weak battery life. I think battery life was actually better. And that was the beta version. You guys should consider rolling back and trying the update again if you're having issues like this. It doesn't seem right.

I wonder if it's a Samsung issue? They don't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to updates.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No problems with my Surround. Have had about a half dozen of those random soft resets since last November, but only one while running Mango beta and none since Tuesday. Think it happens when the device loses track of the flash memory. Battery life has been the same, or slightly better. Got 170 apps/games installed btw.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Although I havent experienced the reboot issue I have noticed my battery seems to drain quicker. I have the same amount of live tiles.. so not sure if its just from my usage or what. (Usage is a bit highter becuase I've been playing around with it to learn the new features.... but not drastically more.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo