Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My phones weird, ill get app updates for a few weeks and then boom nothing for a month or 2 and the process continues. Rather pathetic that people have to do all this **** just to get an app to show an update.

WP8 been out for almost 18 months now. This issue should have been resolved by Microsoft in one the there updates during the past year.

cheba

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 got replaced on warranty some time ago because of a glitchy touch screen. After having the new one immediately sent in for repair too, I got it back and have been using it a couple of weeks now. However I got this problem with the app updates not showing, never had that issue on the old one. I have tried re-pinning the live tile, soft reset and most of the tricks mentioned but nothing helps.

However someone mentioned logging in to windowsphone.com and delete any extra phones...

Now I have always had 2 phones (my original 920 and my 800 work phone) tied to my Microsoft account, this hasn't caused any problems. However since I started using the replacement 920, there is now 2 920s in the list for a total of 3 phones. I can determine which one is the original, now scrapped 920 (shows a location with timestamp a couple months old) and my current 920 (shows my current location and current time). However when I try to erase the original 920 from the list, it asks me to enter my phone number, then after trying to erase it I get a message saying it did not succeed. This makes sense because the original 920 has no SIM, is not turned on and is in fact scrapped, and the SIM with the phone number is now in my replacement 920.

Since somehow this is related to app updates not showing, I suspect that this might be the problem in my case. Now my question is, how can I unlink the old scrapped 920 from my MS account, leaving only the current one?

cheba

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
OK so I solved the problem. It turned out I was just trying to erase the data on the phone or something. When I find out how to delete the phone itself it worked instantly. I also hadn't added the phone number to the new phone so I did that too. Then I set "send apps to phone" to off and back to on, unpinned the store tile and did a soft reset. Then re-pinned the store tile, and within a minute a number of updates showed up on the tile.

So it seems the problem indeed was that I had 2 of the same phone linked to my MS account. Now I still have both my 920 and my work 800 linked, but it still works. Don't know if the issue was because they are different models, or because one is WP7 and one WP8, or something else.

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried every single tip I can find and still I have no indication I have apps to update, yet until recently I'd get several a week.

Any new tips from anyone? If I read on here an app is updated I have to manually search in the Store and click update. Very annoying.

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there really no solution for this problem? Is it fixed in 8.1 does anybody know? My apps are now frozen in time unless I manually search for them all to look for updates.

chavezi19

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had no update notifications for about 3 weeks now. I fixed it today. I followed all the steps in the original post for weeks now, but sadly, they did not work for me. Here's what worked for me.

Unpin the Store tile
Go to Settings > Find my phone > Uncheck 'Send apps to my phone...'
Go to Settings > Phone update > Uncheck 'Tell me when..' and ' Automatically download...'
Delete history in Internet Explorer
Shut down phone and remove battery for 2 minutes

Boot up phone
Pin the Store tile
Go to Settings > Find my phone > Add a check mark to 'Send apps to my phone...'
Go to Settings > Phone update > Add a check mark to 'Tell me when..' and ' Automatically download...'
Delete history in Internet Explorer
Shut down phone and remove battery for 2 minutes

Boot up phone
Got 8 update notifications about 30 minutes later

I left WiFi and cellular data enabled during the entire process.

Hi speedtouch. I did all the steps but it didn't work but after that I went to the Windows Phone web page, I logged in, then in Account Settings I update my info and checked the blank: "I authorize Microsoft to send text messages to this number for Find My Phone and Windows Phone Store notifications.".
After this I reseted the phone with WIFI and celluar data enabled and then i had like 20 updates.

Thanks for all.

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to update I had this problem on a new 1020--tried all of the fixes I could find but none seemed to work except the last (of course, right?)--date/time set to manual; restart phone; set to automatic date/time. Right after this, and I do mean immediately, I had 20 updates on my store's live tile.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've been having this problem with the wife's 620 from almost the beginning (over a year now). I've tried all the suggestions and nothing works. She doesn't use the phone much so I just have to remember to manually update the few apps I installed for her every few months.

I can't believe that something so simple wasn't fixed before hand. I also can't believe Windows Phone doesn't give you the option to view the apps you have installed on your phone through the Windows Store (which at least would make it easier to go through and see what needs to be updated).

If it were my phone, it would drive me crazy.

Oh well, hopefully 8.1 fixes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria